Calc fails to load

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
hecateluna

Calc fails to load

Post by hecateluna »

Hi. I have searched briefly for a solution to this problem, but I apologize if I have missed something here.

I am using (Intel) Mac OSX 10.5.3, and the X11 port of OO 2.4.1. Everything seems to be working fine EXCEPT Calc. That is, if I open OO, Writer comes up, and I can create a new presentation, a new database, etc., so those things seem to be working fine. However, when I do the same for a spreadsheet, the mac "working" cursor comes up indefinitely, and I never get a Calc window. The same thing happens if I try to open a spreadsheet with OpenOffice.

Has anyone had a similar experience, or does anyone have any idea how to fix the problem? (Other than "install aqua and see if that works.") I have used OO for years (with linux and windows), and never had any troubles, but I am very new to Mac, so please try to keep that in mind! (Solutions that say "open a terminal and pretend you're using linux" or tell me exactly where something is are extra-helpful.) Thank you!
OOo 2.4.X on OTHER + Mac OSX, Windows Vista
Phil
Volunteer

Re: Calc fails to load

Post by Phil »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Unfortunetely, you have not yet received an answer to your question, although it was very detailed.

As I don't know anything about Mac's, I can't really help you.

The only thing that came to my mind is that the 3.0 Beta 2 version could be worth a try.
Although it is normally not recommended for production use, I think it is quite a stable release.

With version 3.0 OOo is able to run on Mac OS X without the need for X11, thus it behaves like any other Aqua application.
So maybe in this case it works better? :?:

Regards, phil
OOo 3.0.1 & DEV-3.1 • WinXP pro 32-bit + SP3 + current patches
Looking for OpenOffice-related information? Try the search engine on OpenOfficeNinja - a great tool!
My favorite extension: Alt. Find & Replace for Writer. All you need and much more...
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP