Conditional text & Database field contents problem

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
flip111

Conditional text & Database field contents problem

Post by flip111 »

001.jpg
I have tried everything that I know how and I cannot get this to work. <> means exact expression used in OO
1. new document in writter
2. connect database "Data" with tables "ak", "dod" and "FA" and
3. use "Data to Text" to insert fields from Data
4. set conditional text (pic 001)

here starts the problem:
1. Load data from table "dod" via "Data to Fields" button -> conditional text works correctly (pic 001)
2a. Load data from other table then "dod" -> conditional text change value from "Date:" to "ICO:" (compare pic 04before and 002 after)
2b. same problem happens when exporting to PDF: exported document has conditional text value changed from "Date:" to "ICO:"

I tried everything including setting Fields/Function/Condition as <Data.dod.ICO EQ ""> as well as <[Data.dod.ICO] EQ ""> but problem remains (conditional text value always changes from "Date:" to "ICO:")

for better understanding I didn´t set variables (pic 003), cause I don´t know if it has anything to do with this problem,
If it has, please write me example of of "Name" and "Value" fields in "Fields" option according to values I mentioned above (Data.dod.ICO EQ "")
(for example Name: Data.dod.ICO Value: EQ "" ect)

At this point, I am frustrated completely.
Attachments
003.jpg
002.jpg
acknak

Re: Conditional text & Database field contents problem

Post by acknak »

Were you able to resolve the problem?

You may not have received any suggestions because the problem is not clear--at least I can't follow what you're doing.

If the problem is as complex as it seems to be, you may need to attach a sample data source and a merge document to go with it so we can see exactly what you're working with.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23