html 2 doc essential unit

Talk about anything at all....
gdilem@libero.it

html 2 doc essential unit

Post by gdilem@libero.it »

Hi all i'd like to extract only the essential class to produce doc file from html and viceversa.
I mean ,i know that with oo service i can convert html to doc and viceversa. But i want to build a compact service or application standalone that does that with only the essentials oo units. Please point me on an roadmap.

Regards
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows seven
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: html 2 doc essential unit

Post by Zizi64 »

Please point me on an roadmap.
The native file format of the Apache OpenOffice and LibreOffice is the ODF (Open Document Format)
(The ODF is an Intrenational Standard: ISO 26300.2006)

There is NOT 100% compatibility between the different file formats. I think the AOO and LO is not the best tool for that compact service.

Notes:
The export/import filter(s) (in other words: the 'converter feature of the AOO) for binary .doc format of various versions of the MS Office was developed by 'Reverse Engineering' method. Therefore it (they) is (are) not perfect .

About the "Standardized" filetype of the MS named OOXML: The standard have two levels: The 'transitional' and the 'strict' levels.
The MS uses the Transitional level: they always and continously changed it. Therefore it is not possible to follow the changes by the developers of the export/import filter of the AOO/LO.

Hint:
Always use the International ODF format (or the PDF format) for your documents, and for this conversion application.
Otherwise the LibreOffice maybe has more compatibility with MS formats than the AOO.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.