[Solved] How do I make a Draft watermark

Discuss the word processor
AlexBell

[Solved] How do I make a Draft watermark

Post by AlexBell »

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using? 2.4.
What Operating System (version) are you using?
What is your question or comment?

I'm using version 2.4.1 with Windows XP SP3. I don't have Microsoft Office on my computer.

I'm preparing a draft document which will have to be saved as a .doc file so I can send it to some friends. I want to put a watermark on each page which shows that the document is a draft. I could do this easily with Word, which allows me to put a large watermark consisting of the work Draft as a faint graphic diagonally across the page.

When I click Insert>Picture>From File it takes me to the Gallery. But the Gallery is empty.

Is there any other way of inserting a watermark? Or of getting suitable images to put in the Gallery folder?

Regards, Alex
Last edited by AlexBell on Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: How do I make a Draft watermark

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Create the image in Draw. Save it to disk and then use it as a background image in Writer.

Watermarks
Idiot Compassion
LibreOffice 6.0.4 on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

AlexBell wrote:I'm preparing a draft document which will have to be saved as a .doc file so I can send it to some friends.
Beware that the .doc export modifies the size of the pic (it's stretched to fit the whole page width). Moreover, when you open the .doc document with OOo again, you can't see the watermark (even if it's still here). There are some reports about that (see last comments): Issue 24088 - WW8: "Watermark" Graphics Problem, not in background after import, you should subscribe and vote for it (up to 2 votes per issue).

So better export your .odt file in PDF if the file doesn't need to be edited by your friends.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
AlexBell

Post by AlexBell »

Thanks to you both. This is my first time of posting, and I'm having difficulty sending this response.

Regards, Alex