[Solved] Access/make use of already installed extensions

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
martin44

[Solved] Access/make use of already installed extensions

Post by martin44 »

opening my extension manager 3 extensions are shown. but from where in openoffice-menu do I find them in order to be able to open them, use them etc?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
openoffice 4.1.1, windows 10
RoryOF

Re: how to access/make use of already installed extensions?

Post by RoryOF »

The dictionary extension is installed and used when that language is chosen. What are the other two extensions?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
martin44

Post by martin44 »

Thank you. the two other extension are "PDF Import Extension" and "Spelling dictionary, hyphenation and thesaurus for Russian", http://extensions.services.openoffice.o ... fbVFl.dpuf" Greetings, Martin :D
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

The PDF Import extension should allow you open a PDF file for minor alterations; if you double click on a PDF file it should open in Draw. It is not intended as an all-purpose PDF Reader; for that you are best to use Adobe Reader or some similar application. It is also not intended as a full feature PDF editor.

The Russian spelling dictionary needs to be selected in /Tools /Options/ Language Settings: Languages and should spellcheck language selected as Russian (/Tools /Options /Languages : for selection)
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
martin44

Post by martin44 »

Thank you! very pleased with your replies! Yes, I will look for something else in order to be able to deal with/edit pdf-files. Martin :D