Can barely see the gridlines

Discuss the word processor
Gitane Jazz

Can barely see the gridlines

Post by Gitane Jazz »

I am very new to OOo. I have activated the gridlines on writer, but I can barely see them. So, I changed the colour to black, but nothing hapenned. Is there a way to make the gridlines darker and more noticeable?

Thanks in advance
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 8
Hagar Delest

Re: Can barely see the gridlines

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Have you made sure that they are set to be shown? View>Text boundaries

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the edit button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

Grids are dots, not lines. Try adding more subdivisions by Tools > Options > Writer > Grid ... Note how the horizontal line is more easily seen than the vertical. If you have a very high resolution screen with very small pixels, they may still be difficult to see unless you add lots of subdivisions so as to activate many pixels. Black on a white background should be the most visible colour.
Attachments
Clipboard01.png
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

See [Solved] Writer: grid won't display for some more ideas.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.