Database Reports

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
BarneyinOz

Database Reports

Post by BarneyinOz »

I have been using Database reports using the wizard for a few years. Today I needed to make a new report and as usual I went to reports and clicked onto wizard and got a new message "no valid templates". What could this mean? I looked up templates and am still none the wiser. A number of months ago I did download the Sun Report Generator, could this be the problem? I am using Open Office 4.1.1

Regards
Howard
Open Office Version 3 Windows Vista Operating System Firefox Web Browser
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Database Reports

Post by Villeroy »

"Sun Report Generator" might be a very, very old version of the report builder extension. The company formerly known as "Sun" ceased to exist in 2010.
Remove that extension. Now you can create the old style reports in plain Writer tables.
If you really want to use the report builder extension, download the version that corresponds to your office version from the official extension web site.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
BarneyinOz

Post by BarneyinOz »

Thanks
Howard
Open Office Version 3 Windows Vista Operating System Firefox Web Browser
Nocton
Volunteer

Post by Nocton »

As Villeroy says, Sun Report Generator is very old. Replace with Oracle Report Writer extension.

Regards,
Nocton
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10