[Solved] Where is wish list, suggestion box ?

Talk about anything at all....
killerfrog

[Solved] Where is wish list, suggestion box ?

Post by killerfrog »

Hi everyone,

I have looked everywhere I could, but I dind't find the place where we can post wishes (suggestions) on OpenOffice. Could someone point me the link please ?

Thank you
Last edited by killerfrog on Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 2.4.X on Ubuntu 8.x + Windows XP, Windows Vista
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: Where is wish list, suggestion box ?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

There isn't one, because this is a User to User support forum — no developers here.

Read the Survival Guide, where it will tell you where and how to report bugs and feature requests.
Idiot Compassion
LibreOffice 6.0.4 on Windows 10
killerfrog

Post by killerfrog »

Hi Bhikkhu,

Thank for your answer, but I was looking, if it exists, a place for wish list (suggestions) on the main site (not necessarily on this forum). Would there be one ?
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Please read the post linked above, it will tell you where is the place you're looking for.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
TerryE
Volunteer

Post by TerryE »

Hagar de l'Est wrote:Please read the post linked above, it will tell you where is the place you're looking for.
The nearest the Survival Guide comes is the reference "OOo Issue Tracker, where you'll find reported bugs". Now we know that this also where you can make suggestions to improve OOo, but I'm not sure that we say that. There's the old dilemma here: we don't cover points that people want to know, but its already long enough for people not to bother reading it. OOo doesn't have a suggestions inbox as such does it? Raising an issue seems a bit heavyweight for a user's idea: many will fall on stony ground, but some might be true gems (if you forgive the mixed metaphor).
Ubuntu 11.04-x64 + LibreOffice 3 and MS free except the boss's Notebook which runs XP + OOo 3.3.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

If you want to report a bug or suggestion to the developers, please do it on the Issue Tracker, see that thread : [Tutorial] Reporting bugs.
The post linked is rather clear I think and it has a link to the OUCV tutorial for the Issue Tracker. But I agree that the IT is a rather complex tool for a 'suggestion box'!!
TerryE
Volunteer

Post by TerryE »

Sorry Hagar, I missed the "... or suggestion ..." but then you go to your tutorial, it is really all about its title, that is reporting Bugs. I wonder what Clayton has to say on this one?
Ubuntu 11.04-x64 + LibreOffice 3 and MS free except the boss's Notebook which runs XP + OOo 3.3.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

You're right. I've modified the title to 'Reporting bugs or suggestions'.
ccornell
Volunteer

Post by ccornell »

TerryE wrote:Sorry Hagar, I missed the "... or suggestion ..." but then you go to your tutorial, it is really all about its title, that is reporting Bugs. I wonder what Clayton has to say on this one?
There is no official "suggestion box" that I know of where people can simply post an idea. There is the OOoWiki though, and this has been used fairly extensively for discussing new features of OpenOffice.or as well as the website and even the forum.... and as has been pointed out, Issue Tracker.

Issue Tracker is a bit heavy for simple suggestions, but that is the normal method for most open source projects to manage suggestions as well as bugs. At least with IT, the suggestion is logged, and recorded.
openSUSE 11.4, KDE4.6 with OpenOffice.org 3.3
killerfrog

Post by killerfrog »

Thank you everyone

For now, it seems place for suggestion should be here : http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling ... ssion.html

Based on your commentaries, I've created 2 suggestions :

1. http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=91444
2. http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=91446