Formatting in a merge document

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
gkluther

Formatting in a merge document

Post by gkluther »

I did do a search and could find nothing addressing my issue.
I have an invoice form that I use with merge and pull data from a spreadsheet. All well and good. In the document to help with formatting I merge some values into a table with white lines so the recipient doesn't see the table. This works well, also. My problem is that in the spreadsheet the numbers are formatted with decimals. in the merge document the numbers come out as integers. I went to Number Format in the table cells and have it setup as follows:
Decimal places: 2 Leading zeros:4. Yet, when I do the merge they display in the merged document as integers and not decimals. I am sure I am missing something really simple but I can't see it. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
OpenOffice 3.2 on Windows 7
Arineckaig
Volunteer

Re: Formatting in a merge document

Post by Arineckaig »

I have an invoice form that I use with merge and pull data from a spreadsheet.
There are several different ways by which Calc spreadsheet data can be 'merged' or 'pulled' into into a Writer document. It would be easier to offer suggestions if given some indication of the method used that is causing the problem.
When this issue has been resolved, it would help other users of the forum if you add the word - [Solved] - to the Subject line of your 1st post (edit button top right).
AOOo 4.1.5 & LO 6 on MS Windows 10 MySQL and HSQLDB