[Solved-Workaround] Non-Latin character styles for bullets

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
kinora33

[Solved-Workaround] Non-Latin character styles for bullets

Post by kinora33 »

OpenOffice 4.0.1 (Windows 8.1)

Hi,
In need to bullet paragraphs with Greek characters (that is: α, β, γ, instead of the Latin a, b, c).
These don't appear in the "Bullets and Numbering" box--it lists Numerals, Latin letters, and Russian and Bulgarian letters, but no other languages.
I've tried defining a style in the "Styles and Formatting" box but when I try to define it I'm just offered the existing options from "Bullets and Numbering", so that takes me back to square one...
Surely people using other non-Latin languages, eg Chinese or Hebrew, have come across the problem?

Many thanks,
Kinora
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 4.1.0
Windows 8.1
RAM 8 gb
acknak

Re: Non-Latin character styles for bullets

Post by acknak »

Sorry, it's not possible. If you want non-Latin list labels, you have to do it manually.

I think I've seen this on a list of planned enhancements, so maybe someday.
 Edit: PS: 
You could use a regular list, if you only have a few items, by making each item a separate list and (manually) assign the Greek characters as the bullet symbol. Not very practical--more work than doing it all manually, I expect.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
kinora33

Re: Non-Latin character styles for bullets

Post by kinora33 »

Actually that's helpful, I hadn't thought of doing it with the ruler--thanks.
OpenOffice 4.1.0
Windows 8.1
RAM 8 gb