Develop UNO Program by cpp IDE

Java, C++, C#, Delphi... - Using the UNO bridges
shelleyzhang

Develop UNO Program by cpp IDE

Post by shelleyzhang »

I can build example by makefile only,Is there any solution to develop c++ uno program by ide like eclipse cdt?
Thanks.
OpenOffice 4.0 on Ubuntu 14.04
rudolfo
Volunteer

Re: Develop UNO Program by cpp IDE

Post by rudolfo »

According from what I know about Eclipse it can integrate third party (read as Open Office) Makefiles or generate Makefiles on each one (using some standard (and configurable) rules.
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Fconcepts%2Fcdt_c_makefile.htm wrote:The CDT can generate a makefile for you, such projects are called Managed Make projects. Some projects, known as Standard Make projects, allow you to define your own makefile.
But I use GNU Emacs, so I don't care for Eclipse, because Emacs can work with Makefiles, Ant build files and even with VisualStudio project build files.
OpenOffice 3.1.1 (2.4.3 until October 2009) and LibreOffice 3.3.2 on Windows 2000, AOO 3.4.1 on Windows 7
There are several macro languages in OOo, but none of them is called Visual Basic or VB(A)! Please call it OOo Basic, Star Basic or simply Basic.
shelleyzhang

Post by shelleyzhang »

All the make file is writed line by line by yourself?
OpenOffice 4.0 on Ubuntu 14.04
rudolfo
Volunteer

Post by rudolfo »

Actually I am only a user of OpenOffice. Though I work as software developer I don't do any cpp development for Openoffice. My general experience with development project is that you can always get them integrated if you don't fear hand-crafting your project files. Usually all tools have options to call external programs. Just recently I have plugged in a grunt javascript project into one of my makefile projects.
I remember some discussions about the right build environment for Open Office. Some did favor dmake others GNU make. The API documentation mentions both tools, but the docs are from 2013 so the might not be accurate any more.
I guess you have to take the hard way. Check the documentation of Eclipse and read the OpenOffice developer guide. Both should have some information about integration with other tools/environments.
OpenOffice 3.1.1 (2.4.3 until October 2009) and LibreOffice 3.3.2 on Windows 2000, AOO 3.4.1 on Windows 7
There are several macro languages in OOo, but none of them is called Visual Basic or VB(A)! Please call it OOo Basic, Star Basic or simply Basic.