[Solved] Alternate heading 1 style for Chapter Title

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
clicktrack

[Solved] Alternate heading 1 style for Chapter Title

Post by clicktrack »

I've got a recipe eBook I'm cleaning up and the chapter titles are in a custom paragraph style that is linked to Heading 1. Is there a way to add the chapter title from that style to the footer, like you normally would with Heading 1, but specify the alternate style as the chapter definition? Or do I need to change all the custom style paragraphs back to Heading 1?
Last edited by clicktrack on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.4.1 on MacOS
RoryOF

Re: Alternate heading 1 style for Chapter Title

Post by RoryOF »

It would help if you uploaded a sample page.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
acknak

Post by acknak »

clicktrack wrote:... Is there a way to add the chapter title from that style to the footer, like you normally would with Heading 1 ...
I believe this is actually linked to the document outline created by the Tools > Outline Numbering ... configuration.

In Outline Numbering, you specify which paragraph style constitutes a "Level 1" (top level) heading, and the top level heading is considered the "chapter title". Heading 1 is the default top-level heading but you can change it to whatever you want.

I could be wrong about that; I haven't actually played with it to be sure, but I think that's how it works.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
clicktrack

Post by clicktrack »

Spot on and many thanks!

Went into Tools > Outline Numbering and set the level 1 and level 2 "Paragraph Style" to the right custom styles, and adding the chapter name via Insert > Fields > Chapter > Chapter Name works perfectly.
OpenOffice 4.4.1 on MacOS