[Solved] Database missing "icon"

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
red thumb

[Solved] Database missing "icon"

Post by red thumb »

:crazy: I want to create a new report manually. In the "Creating Reports Help" page it says to click the Reports icon. Click Create Report in Design View. The only icon there is the report wizard. How do I rectify the problem? I want to create reports of portions of my library data base.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
red thumb
Open office 4.1.1 OS Windows 8
F3K Total
Volunteer

Re: Database missing "icon"

Post by F3K Total »

I guess, you need to install the Oracle-Report-Builder Extension
R
  • MMove 1.0.6
  • Extension for easy, exact positioning of shapes, pictures, controls, frames ...
  • my current system
  • Windows 10 AOO, LOLinux Mint AOO, LO
Sliderule
Volunteer

Post by Sliderule »

red thumb:

Welcome to the OpenOffice / LibreOffice Base forum. :)

You said / asked:
red thumb wrote:The only icon there is the report wizard.
I assume, you mean, the only item under Tasks is Use Wizard to Create Report... but NOT another option . . . Create Report in Design View... :crazy:

While I canNOT be certain, I suspect, it is because you have NOT installed OR the extension Oracle Report Builder is not enabled.

Please follow these steps, to confirm if the Oracle Report Builder extension is both installed and enabled.
  1. From the Menu, click on: Tools -> Extension Manager...
  2. Do you see, Oracle Report Builder 1.2.1 ?
    1. If yes to number 2, please click on it, to confirm if it is Enabled . . . if you see a Disabled button, you know it is Enabled, if you see an Enabled button, click on it, and restart your OpenOffice Base session . . . so . . . it will load the Report builder.
    2. If you do NOT see the extension Oracle Report Builder . . . download and install it, from:

http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/pro ... rt-builder
  3. Be sure to restart you OpenOffice Base file, to see if the Report options under Tasks, are now what you need.
I hope this helps, please be sure to let me /us know.

Sliderule

Edit: Sorry, while I was writing the above, I see user F3K Total added a response ( thanks, F3K Total ), and, I think we both came to the same solution . . . but . . . with different words. :super: :bravo:

Thanks to add [Solved] in your 1st post Subject (edit button top right) if this issue has been resolved.
red thumb

Post by red thumb »

Thanks guys. It wasn't there.
red thumb
Open office 4.1.1 OS Windows 8