Data not showing up under report header

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
Tferoce

Data not showing up under report header

Post by Tferoce »

I am sure I am just missing something simple but I am creating a simple report to invoice all the work we do for any given company. I got everything working so that I can specify the date range and the company I need displayed and it shows beautifully. However, if I have more than one page worth of data it reprints that bulky page header.

My solution was to make that bulky header a report header and then make just a simple page header. I changed it to not page header when report header was displayed and now it doesn't list anything on the first page. I have first page: just the report header, second and third page: all my data with the page header and footer, forth page: report footer. Is there a way to get the data to show up between the report header and the report footer and then if there is more data have it show between report header and page footer and the second page have it between page header and report footer?

This seems very elementary to me. So, I think there must be something I am missing. Thanks For all your help ahead of time.

Thomas
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 8
charlie.it
Volunteer

Re: Data not showing up under report header

Post by charlie.it »

To better help, attach your files (no sensitive data). Thanks.
charlie
Italian AOO Admin
macOS 14 Sonoma M1: Open Office 4.1.15 - LibreOffice 7.5.7.1

http://www.charlieopenoffice.altervista.org
Tferoce

Post by Tferoce »

I made this test file to show the issue. My original file is a little more complicated but I think if you can help me fix this one I should be able to apply it to my other file.

Thanks
Attachments
New Database.odb
Test File
(54.01 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
Sliderule
Volunteer

Post by Sliderule »

I am not certain I understand completely what you wanted . . . but . . . please look/examine the attached database, and, see ( visualise ) if this helps . . . the report I created/modified is Report1_02 .
New Database.odb
What I did was:
  1. The Page Header you defined . . . I am NOT printing it
  2. The Report Header you defined . . . I am NOT printing it
  3. I created a Group . . . based ( pun intended ) on Date Completed ( although you might want to change this to Group on something else . . . perhaps an Invoice Number ).
  4. The contents of the Group . . . now contains the layout as you had it in the Report Header
  5. I altered the Report Footer . . . to included the Label field . . . for Date, Type, etc
I hope this helps, please be sure to let me / us know.

Sliderule

Thanks to add [Solved] in your 1st post Subject (edit button top right) if this issue has been resolved.
Tferoce

Post by Tferoce »

What I am trying to avoid is having that large header on every page. I want the large header just on the first page with records below it. Then every page after that have the smaller header. Why does it make a separate page for the report header and the report footer?
Sliderule
Volunteer

Post by Sliderule »

Tferoce:

You said/asked:
Tferoce wrote:What I am trying to avoid is having that large header on every page.
Yes, the "large header" is no longer on every page.

But, the closest I could come to what you wanted ( while it is not exact . . . it is the best I could do ) . . . in available in the attached file, as Report name Report1_02 .
New Database.odb
I hope this helps, please be sure to let me / us know.

Sliderule

Thanks to add [Solved] in your 1st post Subject (edit button top right) if this issue has been resolved.
Tferoce

Post by Tferoce »

So, there really is no way to get the report to start right under the Report header without Having the page header on that page? I was hoping I was missing something. Maybe I will just have to make the report header bigger. So it shows more as a cover page. I appreciate your help.
Sliderule
Volunteer

Post by Sliderule »

In your case, per your description / requirements, you canNOT use a Page Header . . . since . . . that header will appear on every page.

The Group Header - "Fake Group COL_2 Header", ( abbreviated top of page ) is defined to display, and, true, even when the "Partner Company" is displayed. :(

There might be another way, to create an HTML report, but, this would require you to NOT use an Embedded database, but, rather to use an HSQL Version 2.3.2 ( as of the date I am writing this ) . . . as a SPLIT database. That would mean, your database would be much more 'stable' . . . and . . . NOT subject to corruption. Using the HSQL jar . . . SqlTool.jar will allow you to do this.

If you want to 'discuss' this with PM ( Private Messages ) . . . that might help.

Sliderule