[Solved] Error code 35

Creating tables and queries
Saint Simian

[Solved] Error code 35

Post by Saint Simian »

Hi-ho peoples,

I recently upgraded my operating system from Fedora 6 to Fedora 7 (and from OO 2.0 to 2.3). Now when I try and open one of my databases I'm getting an error. The db has three tables, two of which work fine. But when I try to open the third table, I get the following error:
The data content could not be loaded.
SQL Status: S1000
Error code: -35
No data is available.
I tested the same database on Windows XP in OO 2.0, and I get exactly the same error. A backup I took from before I upgraded also gives me the same error, so I'm positive it's not my operating system or my version of OO.

There is only one reference to this error on the interblag, and it doesn't look like they could help that poor bastard:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p= ... ostcount=1
Can anyone help?! I may go insane and kill someone if I have to re-enter all my data from scratch.

Any advice is appreciated.
Yours sincerely,
Saint Simian, Patron Saint of Evolution
Last edited by Saint Simian on Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
jwr

Re: Error code 35

Post by jwr »

Maybe it is a date-formatting or date-relevant problem.

Please check:
Are you using dates in the crashed table ?
and
are both working tables not containing any dates ?

Regards -Hans-

P.S. A saint is hardly allowed to kill anyone...
Windows Vista, OOo-2.3.1, Firefox-3.6.12, MS Office 97,
Say NO to MS OpenXML: http://www.noooxml.org/petition
Saint Simian

Post by Saint Simian »

Thanks for the reply. There is some date formatting in all three tables, but the first two (working) ones are different from the third broken one.

If it is a date problem, what would be the exact nature of the error? And how would I go about fixing it?

PS, other saints can't kill anyone, but when I do it then it counts as natural selection!
jwr

Post by jwr »

Saint Simian wrote: If it is a date problem, what would be the exact nature of the error? And how would I go about fixing it?
I was thinking of the Ubuntu-forum's reply:
2. All my dates are showing up as 1 Jan 70 . Even if I create a brand new database, create a table, and try to input Dates, whatever you put in, it will change into 1 Jan 70 right after you finish entering it.
What happens if you create a brand new database, create a table, and try to input Dates?
Do you get 1 Jan 70 as well?

If this happens you will probably have a Linux-issue.
You could try to switch to MS . :cry:

And:
If you do have an MS-machine you could at least see if it's a Linux or an OOo-problem.

Regards -Hans-
Windows Vista, OOo-2.3.1, Firefox-3.6.12, MS Office 97,
Say NO to MS OpenXML: http://www.noooxml.org/petition
Saint Simian

Post by Saint Simian »

I'm pretty sure it's not my operating system, since I tried the database out on an XP machine with the same results.

I'm still struggling in the dark here. I don't suppose anyone who works on OO knows what an error 35 actually means?

It would be really helpful if there were some documentation on all the error codes and what they're for. There's not much point in having them, otherwise, since nobody knows what they mean.
RonIA
Volunteer

Post by RonIA »

Not necessarily... If the problem is Linux based, then when it was entered, it might have modified it to the corrupt state, then whenever you try to open it, the problem comes up.

(Also, we are assuming you are using the native HSQL database backend database.)

Other things to try, what if you try to create a query based off the table?
What if you try copying the table to another database?
What if you try creating an ODBC connection to the database, could you access the data then?

Any details around the following?
"There is some date formatting in all three tables, but the first two (working) ones are different from the third broken one."
Ron from Iowa, USA
Saint Simian

Post by Saint Simian »

Ahh, you speak with great wisdom, Ron from Iowa. I hadn't thought that Linux might have corrupted the db in the first place.

To answer your questions:
Creating a query results in the same error messages. I used the wizard, and it can see the table fields during setup. But then when it tries to finish it produces the same error message as before.

Unfortunately I'm not experienced enough to try and ODBC connection, but when I tried your second suggestion I hit gold. Copying the table to another database seems to have retrieved all my data. I then copied the table back to the original db and everything looks fine. To elaborate on the dates, I believe the formatting is different between the dates in the first two tables and the dates in the broken third. Perhaps it was a date corruption after all, but your suggestion seems to have recovered everything I thought was lost.

Hopefully all will be well in future, and I'll certainly be sure to back this thing up more often.

Thanks so much for your help, you saintly men of the OpenOffice forum! If I die before you, I'll be sure it put in a good word for you with whoever's running the place.
RonIA
Volunteer

Post by RonIA »

Great!

Glad to hear things are working again.

If you could edit your original post and add [Solved] to the subject line so others who may have a similar problem will know there is at least a viable workaround in this thread.
Ron from Iowa, USA