[Solved] Can't copy in OOo then paste to any other ap

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
officebob

[Solved] Can't copy in OOo then paste to any other ap

Post by officebob »

I'm having a devil of a time copying the contents of a cell then pasting it to a non-Open Office ap. I've tried changing the format of the cell to text, copying the edit field vs. the cell itself, and screwed around with it in general for a couple of hours but no luck.

If I copy the cell and paste it to an office text doc, it'll paste it as a single-cell table. I need, however, to paste it to a web browser field, among other non-office aps.

I've got no problem copying it from cell to cell, or from cell to Text Doc, but it seems like Office has a separate clipboard than the rest of my system.

I'm running Mac Leopard w/ Office 2.4

Thanks!!!!

Added later: it seems I can't cut or copy anything in OOo then paste it in any non-OOo ap. It's like OOo has it's own clipboard that will not cross over into other applications.

Solution: Download and use Aqua. This fixes the issue.
Last edited by officebob on Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OOo 2.4.X on Mac OSx Leopard
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Copying calc cell then pasting in another ap

Post by Villeroy »

What do you copy (number, text)?What happens, what do you get when you paste?
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
officebob

Post by officebob »

Villeroy wrote:What do you copy (number, text)?What happens, what do you get when you paste?
It doesn't seem to matter what I copy-- numbers, text, URL's...

When I copy in calc then try to paste in any non-office ap, I get whatever is in the clipboard from the last time I copied in a non-office ap. It's like Office and OSX use two different clipboards.

Thanks!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Paste special ...unformatted text?

David.
officebob

Post by officebob »

Dave wrote:Paste special ...unformatted text?

David.
Thanks, but that command is for pasting within office aps. I'm trying to paste office data to a non-office ap, like Safari or Mail.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

officebob wrote:
Villeroy wrote:What do you copy (number, text)?What happens, what do you get when you paste?

When I copy in calc then try to paste in any non-office ap, I get whatever is in the clipboard from the last time I copied in a non-office ap. It's like Office and OSX use two different clipboards.

Thanks!
This is really surprising. I never used a Mac with OOo. Could it be that OOo runs under a thingy called "X-Server"? It could be that this type of environment is separated from the environment provided directly by your operating system.
Oh, btw: Same issue when you copy from Writer to another app?
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
officebob

Post by officebob »

Villeroy wrote:
officebob wrote:

Thanks!
This is really surprising. I never used a Mac with OOo. Could it be that OOo runs under a thingy called "X-Server"? It could be that this type of environment is separated from the environment provided directly by your operating system.
Oh, btw: Same issue when you copy from Writer to another app?
Perhaps X-Server is the culprit, but I'm not technically skilled enough to know.

I get the same issue no matter what OOo ap I'm using-- you can't copy or cut inside OOo then paste outside of OOo. Again, it seems like there's two separate clipboards in play.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Can't copy in OOo then paste to any other ap (Mac OSx)

Post by Villeroy »

OK, I'll move this thread to the Mac-forum below "Setup and Troubleshooting". Searching for "clipboard" in that forum I found some related threads such as http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... =17&t=3588
Dave

Post by Dave »

officebob wrote:
Dave wrote:Paste special ...unformatted text?

David.
Thanks, but that command is for pasting within office aps. I'm trying to paste office data to a non-office ap, like Safari or Mail.
Sorry. I was referring to your "If I copy the cell and paste it to an office text doc, it'll paste it as a single-cell table."

David.