[Solved] IFERROR conversion from Excel

Discuss the spreadsheet application
grahamxy

[Solved] IFERROR conversion from Excel

Post by grahamxy »

I hope someone can fix this relatively simple question, I am converting an Excel spreadsheet that has the formula ......iferror(AVERAGE(B20:H20));"" and trying to add iserror to make it work in OpenOffice but it won't calculate I just get a 0% in the cell. My formula is as follows IF(ISERROR(AVERAGE(B20:H20));"") What am I doing wrong?

TIA
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.1 OpenOffice Version 4.1.1
RusselB

Re: IFERROR conversion from Excel

Post by RusselB »

You still need to specify what should be displayed if the average does not contain an error.
I suspect you probably want the average, so try

Code: Select all

=if(iserror(average(b20:h20));"";average(b20:h20))
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
karolus
Volunteer

Post by karolus »

Maybe simplified with:

Code: Select all

=IF(COUNT(B20:H20);AVERAGE(B20:H20);"") 
Karolus
AOO4, Libreoffice 6.1 on Rasbian OS (on ARM)
Libreoffice 7.4 on Debian 12 (Bookworm) (on RaspberryPI4)
Libreoffice 7.6 flatpak on Debian 12 (Bookworm) (on RaspberryPI4)
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

There is "IFERROR"() function in LibreOffice Calc.
Last edited by Zizi64 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
grahamxy

Post by grahamxy »

[SOLVED] Thanks guys, all working just perfect. Is there any reason OpenOffice doesn't have the same conditions as LibreOffice seeing that they are so similar. As I have come across a few instances where various formulae and conditions don't work here but do in Libre. I will always use OO but sometimes I struggle.
OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.1 OpenOffice Version 4.1.1
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

I think, but am not positive, that it has something to do with the different types of licences.. then again, it may be that someone just hasn't taken the time to code IFERROR (along with a lot of other things people ask for) for OpemOffice.
If you are struggling to complete something in OO,, then don't hesitate to ask... I can't guarantee that we'll have a fast or easy response, but it's rare for a question to get no response.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.