How to Install Templates

Using them, Making them, Finding them
turet33

How to Install Templates

Post by turet33 »

I know I sound like a complete idiot, but I downloaded the basic address label template and it's sitting in my download folder. I used it by clicking there, and Writer opened it just fine. But I have googled all over and the instructions for integrating this into Open Office don't pertain to newer versions of the program. I guess. I went file/templates/organize. There is an unnamed file in the template area, and I have no idea what that is. Has a subfolder called "Styles." But the address label template has a name. If I click "file" I can navigate to it, but none of the commands allows me to do anything with it. I tried dragging into the left hand "Temples" list and that doesn't work.

I'm completely stumped.

Thanks for your help.
Open Office 4.1.1 on Windows 7
kingfisher
Volunteer

Re: How to Install Templates

Post by kingfisher »

The template is in your downloads file. It needs to be in the 'template' folder of your user profile. I would just move the template (with OpenOffice completely shut down).

You can use the menu File > Templates > Organize to import the template from your download folder but that copies the template to your 'template' folder and leaves the original in your download folder. That is the method provided by the software and you may prefer to use it.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

The File button in Template Management (File > Templates > Organize) is used to add files to the Documents list. To import a template using Template Management, right-click My Templates in the Templates list and select Import Template. This opens the Open dialog which can be used to navigate to the template file and open it. That will copy the template file to your default templates folder in AOO and the file will appear in My Templates in Template Management.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
esperantisto
Volunteer

Post by esperantisto »

AOO 4.2.0 (of 2015) / LO 7.x / Win 7 / openSUSE Linux Leap 15.4 (64-bit)
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Warning: The default location for templates is in the user profile folder. Deleting the user profile folder will also delete the templates.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
head_bam
Banned

Post by head_bam »

sorry! how to install russian or ukrainian language in this forum?
[url=http://www.zafer.com.ua]Zafer[/url]
mneedh55

Post by mneedh55 »

I have no idea how to download a template from the open office web can someone please enlighten me on the basics
Open Office 4.1.4 on windows 10
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Once you've downloaded the template:
kingfisher wrote:The template is in your downloads file. [...].

You can use the menu File > Templates > Organize to import the template from your download folder.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10