[Solved] Pearson and covar formulas

Discuss the spreadsheet application
reddogg

[Solved] Pearson and covar formulas

Post by reddogg »

I'm trying to calculate the correlation coefficient of 2 columns but when I put in the formula from the wizard I get a cell with 3 hash marks but the right answer is at the bottom where "sum=" is shown. I have the same problem with covar. What am I doing wrong??

thanks,
reddogg
OOo 3.1.X on openSuse 11.2
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: pearson and covar formulas

Post by Villeroy »

A cell filled with hash marks indicates that it's column is not wide enough to display a numeric value with the required precision. Just drag the column wider.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
reddogg

Re: pearson and covar formulas

Post by reddogg »

Thanks for the reply. I think the problem was that the formulas were in a column that was empty instead of below the data. I had data in column B and C and put the formulas in column D which was empty. I was looking for format numeric or something but couldn't find it. Then later, I selected the entire column and clicked the button on the tool bar for increasing the number of decimals and the numbers came up! I didn't state the problem completly in the original post.

thanks again,

reddogg
OOo 3.1.X on openSuse 11.2