Auto Fill Not Working

Discuss the spreadsheet application
snakeman10

Auto Fill Not Working

Post by snakeman10 »

When I type 1 in one cell, then 2 in the cell below that, and then drag once the cell with 2 is selected, the cells below that fill in with 2's. It used to be that it would continue on with the projected sequence of numbers (1,2,3,4 etc.) but it doesn't work anymore, any idea what's wrong?
OpenOffice 4.1.1 Win 7
RoryOF

Re: Auto Fill Not Working

Post by RoryOF »

Do you drag by the little black square at bottom right of the selected cell?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
snakeman10

Post by snakeman10 »

RoryOF wrote:Do you drag by the little black square at bottom right of the selected cell?
yes
OpenOffice 4.1.1 Win 7
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Check that /Tools /Cell Content : AutoCalculate and AutoInput are checked.
snakeman10

Post by snakeman10 »

RoryOF wrote:Check that /Tools /Cell Content : AutoCalculate and AutoInput are checked.
both are checked
OpenOffice 4.1.1 Win 7
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Then I'm beyond my knowledge of Calc - you'll have to wait for a serious Calc user to come online.
acknak

Post by acknak »

Check what version of OO you're using--some older versions had this feature disabled. This was on Linux only as far as I know, never for Windows.

If that doesn't help, you might try a fresh OO settings profile: [Tutorial] The OOo user profile
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Alex1
Volunteer

Post by Alex1 »

The control key changes the behaviour of the fill handle, or you can select both cells before using the fill handle.
AOO 4.1.15 & LO 24.2.2 on Windows 10
snakeman10

Post by snakeman10 »

acknak wrote:Check what version of OO you're using--some older versions had this feature disabled. This was on Linux only as far as I know, never for Windows.

If that doesn't help, you might try a fresh OO settings profile: [Tutorial] The OOo user profile
using 4.1.1

Alex1 wrote:The control key changes the behaviour of the fill handle, or you can select both cells before using the fill handle.
Control did did nothing, selecting both cells didn't work either. I can live with it.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 Win 7
snakeman10

Post by snakeman10 »

I found a little trick......I opened a new spreadsheet and auto fill works fine, I can copy and paste my numbers to my working spreadsheet. I have a hunch that I must have done something in the regular sheet to disable the feature, but it just takes a second to copy and paste.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 Win 7
rhowl

Post by rhowl »

I am having the exact same problem. Tried everything mentioned here and nothing works. So I did what snakeman suggested, I opened a new sheet and auto fill worked fine, so I just copied and pasted to the new sheet. Thanks for that tip! I wonder why the auto fill works in new created spreadsheets but not the one I'm working on?
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 7