REGISTER_NO_MSO_TYPES=1 is ignored on Win7 x64?

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
DerSeppel

REGISTER_NO_MSO_TYPES=1 is ignored on Win7 x64?

Post by DerSeppel »

Hello to the community forum.

I run into a problem today. We install AOO 4.0.1 in silent mode and don't want it to register any file association of Microsoft Office files. We use the REGISTER_NO_MSO_TYPES=1 property.

On a Windows 7 x86 system it works like a charm but on Windows 7 x64 with Office 2010 installed it doesn't work as expected. There the .docx files are associated with OO Writer.

We're starting the installation in x86 environment on x64 system also. The command line does look like this:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe /c msiexec /i "%~dp0AOO4.0.1\openoffice401.msi" Allusers=2 /qn CREATEDESKTOPLINK=0 REGISTER_NO_MSO_TYPES=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress SETUP_USED=1 /l* %logprefix%Install.log

Do you have any idea what to do better/different?

PS: Haven't tested it with Microsoft Office 2013 jet.
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Windows 7 x64
Greengiant224

Re: REGISTER_NO_MSO_TYPES=1 is ignored on Win7 x64?

Post by Greengiant224 »

Welcome to the forum,

Have you tried to use:
C:\Windows\sys32\cmd.exe on a 64bit system to install?
As AOO/LO is a 32bit program it might have some bearing upon installing to a 64bit OS using the flags you specify.

Otherwise I am just as stumped as you.

Greengiant224

Win 7, Portable AOO 4.1.14, LibreOffice 6.2, 7.4.5 & 7.6.1 (Java 1.7.81 & 1.8.0_281) utilising HSQL 1.8.10 & 2.4.*, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite
+ Blood, Sweat and Tears (Application, Determination and Perseverance)
DerSeppel

Post by DerSeppel »

I've done some more testing.

The same error occurs when i use the x64 CMD.exe (C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe) on a x64 Windows 7.

BUT: On systems where Microsoft Office 2013 is installed the file association remains with Word. :knock:

Can someone confirm this issue? Is there a site to report this bug (if its an OpenOffice BUG)?

PS: The same problem already exists in OpenOffice 4.0...
DerSeppel

Post by DerSeppel »

Is there at least s.o. who could give me a link to bug-report-site when there is no other help you can give...
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Report bugs at
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/
You will need to register there (Forum registration is not extended to that site).
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
DerSeppel

Post by DerSeppel »

THX
lis.simon

Post by lis.simon »

Hi,

Any updates about your issue? I'm experiencing quite the same except that docx-documents are associated regardless of the underlying architecture. For now I wrote a simple script that resets the registry keys in HKCR to winword but it's a pitty that the problem exists. :roll: I'm installing AOO 4.1.0 as well as 4.1.1 silently with "Select_Word=0" and so on. It's independent of follow up langpacks or extensions. Sadly, I could not find any report in bugzilla as you wrote you would like to try to find help.

Your answer is highly appreciated,
Simon
Invalid signature, valid examples include:
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista / NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4 / OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
DerSeppel

Post by DerSeppel »

First a little off topic: You shouldn't use teh HKCR tree of the registry. This part is a mix of HKLM\Software\Classes and HKCU\Software\Classes.
FYI, HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT is a thing of the past. It comes from Windows 3.1 Starting with Windows 95, new applications should use HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes . If you use the former, you register the file extension just for the logged on user; if you use the latter you register the file extension for all users. You should get used to do it like this, despite the great amount of information out there that points to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT .
(Source: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com:443/F ... m=netfxbcl

Back to topic:

I can't remember if I posted a bug-report or not. :crazy: But when i search my mails i can't find any mails referring to this.
lis.simon

Post by lis.simon »

Thanks for the info! The HKCR is only been overwritten as AOO is settling there. That means I'm only reversing the behaviour, otherwise I would never ever touch this tree :super:
Regardless whether or not you posted a bug report have you solved your problem by now?

Thanks again,
Simon
Invalid signature, valid examples include:
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista / NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4 / OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04
DerSeppel

Post by DerSeppel »

Not really. Luckily we upgraded to Office 2013, where the problem doesn't exist.

I think your workaround is the only solution at this time. Sorry that I can't provide more help with this but managing file extension associations in the registry is no magic. :)
Bidouille
Volunteer

Post by Bidouille »

Cross-posting with bugzilla ticket: https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=125844