[Solved] Customized toolbar XP-Linux

Using them, Making them, Finding them
Lucia

[Solved] Customized toolbar XP-Linux

Post by Lucia »

I've made a template in Writer for a project where everybody use different platforms. It consists of paragraph-styles, for which I have drawn customized buttons, saved them i png-format, added a new toolbar, and assigned each paragraph-style a button with a macro.

Everything here is Ooo 2.4. The template was made on an xp-machine. When I open the template in Ooo in an Linux-Ubuntu, the toolbar shows, but the buttons in my customized toolbar show plain text, none of my drawn buttons. When I click far to the right in the toolbar, and choose Visibile buttons (uncertain of English menu, use Swedish), all the paragraph styles show, with the correct buttons I have drawn in front of the names.

I´ve tried all the options on Tools > Customize > Toolbar > button Toolbar, where the three options, Only icons, Only text, Icons & text are, but it doesn't make any difference (this would be the place to change the option I thought).

Is there another checkbox och radiobutton anywhere else that would do the trick, or is this a compability problem between Linux and Windows? I notice the standard icons don't look exactly the same. I haven't yet tried making the template i Linux, and then using it on a Windows-machine. Maybe that would do it. But I'll wait with that until there's no other option left.
Last edited by Lucia on Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 2.4.X on Ubuntu 8.x + Windows XP
Hagar Delest

Re: Customized toolbar xp-linux

Post by Hagar Delest »

Can you upload your template here?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Lucia

Post by Lucia »

Here it comes. I know it's not a template in technical sense, but from what I know, that shouldn't make any difference.
Thanks.
Attachments
Lucia-template.odt
(20.02 KiB) Downloaded 384 times
sybille
Volunteer

Post by sybille »

In Tools -> Options -> View, try setting the icon size on the Ubuntu machine to "Automatic" "or "Small" (instead of "Large"). That fixes things for me, with your template and also with the customized icons I use on a regular basis.

I don't know if this is an Ubuntu-only anomaly....
If your problem has been solved, please edit this thread's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line. Thanks!
-------
About Ubuntu Linux
Zotero, for research and bibliography management with OOo.
OOo 2.4.X on Ubuntu 8.x + None needed :)
acknak

Post by acknak »

I see the same under Fedora: View > Icon size = auto or small are ok; size = large shows only text for the custom toolbar.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Lucia

Post by Lucia »

It works. Thanks a lot!
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

View > Icon size = auto or small are ok; size = large shows only text for the custom toolbar.
+1 under Xubuntu but with official OOo version (2.4.1). The large setting may look for a different icon set.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10