Bibliography

Talk about anything at all....
gurtej

Bibliography

Post by gurtej »

The only reason that I have not fully adopted OpenOffice is due to my extensive use of Endnote bibliography software with MS Word. I know there is RTF scan facility but that is tedious and modified citations cause a problem. Secondly, if I open the MS Word document that has Endnote biblio. references then OpenOffice opens this document without the references cited. Thirdly, I tried by saving the MS Word document as .xml first with MS Word. Now OpenOffice is able to open all the Endnote references of this .xml document but there are other problems. In this case footnotes start from number 1 on each page and some of the headings are missing that were written with Heading1 format.
OOo 2.3.X on Ms Windows XP
Hagar Delest

Re: Bibliography

Post by Hagar Delest »

Then, either ask the EndNote people to support OOo or file a request if it hasn't been done already: [Tutorial] Reporting bugs.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
silvonen

Post by silvonen »

Hello Hagar!

I am also one of those who really need EndNote or something similar in their work. I would like to help develop OOo in this direction, but after taking a look at the page you mentioned, it seems to be a little bit too complicated for a person without any knowledge about programming. Is there any easy way to vote this feature?

JusSi

Hagar de l'Est wrote:Then, either ask the EndNote people to support OOo or file a request if it hasn't been done already: [Tutorial] Reporting bugs.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP + Ubuntu-Linux
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

EndNote uses MSOffice software. No EndNote without MSOffice. EndNote has nothing to do with OpenOffice.org until the EndNote developers support this office too or until they start writing OOo documents independent from the office (which is possible indeed by utilizing open standards). There is nothing to do on the OOo side, like Microsoft did nothing particular to support EndNote.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

According to that query with 'endnote' keyword, there are some issues filed already. You should register and vote for the reports that deal with your need.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10