[Solved] Create a chart on every new page of the document.

Using them, Making them, Finding them
Zeruel25

[Solved] Create a chart on every new page of the document.

Post by Zeruel25 »

Hello.

I've been searching for a way to replicate a chart on every new page of my Libre Office Writer document. I've created a chart in the header and another one on the page body and I would like to set this as the default style for every new page of my document (both charts appearing, same size and position everytime a new page is created).

Is there a way of doing this? I've tried with Styles and Templates but I can only save the size and margins of the page, but not the main chart (using styles and the repeating header) or the whole page but only once, with each new page lacking the main chart (using a template).
Attachments
kanji sheet.odt
(11.27 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
Last edited by Zeruel25 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LibreOffice 4.2 on Windows 7
Hagar Delest

Re: Create a chart on every new page of the document.

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I guess that the content of the table will not be the same for each page.
For the heaser, you've found out it seems, except if the content must be different for each page.
As for the main table, I would create an autotext formated as you want and to be inserted at each new page.
But I can't think of something else. Except doing a graphic, anchoring it in the header and sending it to the background.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Zeruel25

Post by Zeruel25 »

The main chart remains empty because it's meant to be filled by hand, to practice my caligraphy. Only one cell (the left-most on the header) has to be filled before printing with the character corresponding to each page.

Since it's around 600 characters and one on each page it would be quite tiresome to set every :crazy: single :crazy: chart :crazy: on :crazy: every :crazy: single :crazy: page :crazy: to the right dimension and sizes.

I'll try the graphic and anchoring method you propose. I'll see if I can find the commands on my own (since it's my first time with Open/LibreOffice, but I'm quite used to Ms Office).I would be thankful if you could list the neccesary steps to do what you said in case I can't figure it out on my own.

And thanks for your help :D
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Here is quickly a proposal.
The table was made in Draw then pasted as graphic in Writer (in the header). Then anchored to the paragraph, wrapped in background. I then added a frame in a cell. You've to copy and paste this frame on each page you create by hitting Ctrl+Enter.
kanji sheet Hagar.odt
(13.72 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the edit button if your issue has been fixed.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Why not position the chart as a Page background, and anchor the variable data to the page header?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

I guess that each kanji must be from the font file or something not manually drawn after printing. So it must the kanji template must be different for each page. Then it cannot be anchored to the header.
Zeruel25

Re: [Solved] Create a chart on every new page of the documen

Post by Zeruel25 »

Yes, i have a list of kanjis in another document so I'm pasting one on each page. Each page contains a "model" kanji on the header along with meanings and other data and then you have to fill the main chart by hand to practice writing the symbol.

Thanks Hagar, your response was exactly what I wanted. I never would have though of doing a the square matrix on Draw. I just corrected one little thing, since the writing area [XXX] was on the first cell of the main chart, and the model kanji should go on the header, but that's just a litle thing.

Thank you both for all your help. :D
Hagar Delest

Re: [Solved] Create a chart on every new page of the documen

Post by Hagar Delest »

Great. I put a text string (xxx) so that you know where to put your model. Of course you can prepare the frame with the correct font and then after pasting it for each new page, you just have to type the correct character.