Template file path

Using them, Making them, Finding them
jkipfer

Template file path

Post by jkipfer »

I'm having problems with using templates that were converted from MS Office 2003 Student Teacher Version (Word and Excel) to Writer (2.4.1). I'm on XP SP2.

I used the Wizard to convert documents and templates and the log file at the end indicated that all files were successfully converted, and all the names looked correct.
I set the path in the Options, but when I go to file - new - templates only a small portion of the templates display. Moreover, the ones that are there don't have the correct names. (the file called Transmittal is really the Outline Specification document). However, if I search through Windows to the server location where the converted files exist - they are all there with correct names. I can open them in Writer and they appear fine.
How do I get the templates to display correctly in the templates list - as they do in Windows Explore? I can't find anything that addresses this in the help or these forums.

Many Thanks,

Jason
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
Hagar Delest

Re: Template file path

Post by Hagar Delest »

Try to save them through the template dialog instead: [Tutorial] Creating a new default template.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10