3.0 Beta issues

Talk about anything at all....
Villeroy
Volunteer

3.0 Beta issues

Post by Villeroy »

Is there any link to a list of well known issues with 3.0 Beta? Can anybody provide a fact sheet for the early adopters and those who want to help?
(No, I don't test Beta versions)
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
acknak

Re: 3.0 Beta issues

Post by acknak »

AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
AndrewZ
Volunteer

Post by AndrewZ »

OpenOffice.org 3.0 Beta FAQ mentions the two issues that have been reported over and over and over to the issue tracker and the forum.
* Did you solve your problem? Do others a favor: Post the solution
* Visit OpenOffice.org Ninja (blog) and OpenOffice.org Ninja Wiki for news, previews, troubleshooting, etc.
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 9 + XP
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Thank you for the reminder. Of course me and my browser I know the Ninja site. When I tried to get meaningful query results from the issue tracker I may have given up too quick. Acknak's query seems to be the list of issues still to do until 3.0 (currently 333 of them).

Code: Select all

?issue_type=DEFECT&issue_type=PATCH&issue_status=NEW&issue_status=STARTED&issue_status=REOPENED&target_milestone=OOo+3.0&email1=&emailtype1=exact&emailassigned_to1=1&email2=&emailtype2=exact&emailreporter2=1&issueidtype=include&issue_id=&changedin=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=&chfieldvalue=&short_desc=&short_desc_type=allwords&long_desc=&long_desc_type=allwords&issue_file_loc=&issue_file_loc_type=fulltext&status_whiteboard=&status_whiteboard_type=fulltext&keywords=&keywords_type=anytokens&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&Submit+query=Submit+query
This query from the Ninja site includes the issues that have been fixed already for 3.0 (currently 1765):

Code: Select all

?Submit+query=Submit+query&resolution=FIXED&target_milestone=OOo+3.0
All those issues do hurt (more or less) in 2.4.1 but will be fixed for the final release of 3.0, right?
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
AndrewZ
Volunteer

Post by AndrewZ »

Only the issues targeted for 3.0 (where the target milestone is 3.0) are planned to be fixed for 3.0. In fact, many issues targeted for 3.0 are already fixed. That is the second query you mentioned.
* Did you solve your problem? Do others a favor: Post the solution
* Visit OpenOffice.org Ninja (blog) and OpenOffice.org Ninja Wiki for news, previews, troubleshooting, etc.
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 9 + XP