Strange behavior of Form in AOO 4.0.1

Creating and using forms
charlie.it
Volunteer

Strange behavior of Form in AOO 4.0.1

Post by charlie.it »

Hi, I have a table with ID (integer AutoValue=Yes), an amount field (decimal) and a date field.
On the table I built a tabular form. Until the record n. 38 (start with 0) all okay, if I insert the record n. 39, the form shows me again the first 10 records (0-9) after what you just entered.
This happens with AOO 4.0.1 (and 4.1.0 beta), it does not happen with Libre Office 4.2.4 and OOo 3.3.0. I work with Mac OSX 10.7.5.
Do you know why? Is it a bug? Thanks.
Attachments
Expenses list.odb
(11.29 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
charlie
Italian AOO Admin
macOS 14 Sonoma M1: Open Office 4.1.15 - LibreOffice 7.5.7.1

http://www.charlieopenoffice.altervista.org
MTP
Volunteer

Re: Strange behavior of Form in AOO 4.0.1

Post by MTP »

It is a bug. Most times it can be cleared by pressing the 'go to end of list' button on the navigation bar. (Or the 'go to beginning of list'. Or both, one after another.) Sometimes I can't clear the bug with the navigation bar and have to close and reopen the form.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 10, HSQLDB 1.8 split database
charlie.it
Volunteer

Post by charlie.it »

Is it a bug already reported?
charlie
Italian AOO Admin

Arineckaig
Volunteer

Post by Arineckaig »

From my superficial tests it may not necessarily be a bug but certainly some form of corruption.

I cleared it by opening the form in edit mode and changed its "Analyze SQL command" property to No. The form then opened correctly and it was possible to reset the "Analyze SQL command" property to Yes and the form again displayed correctly.

It also appeared that underlying record-set for both the data source table and the data form were not the source of the corruption. My tests were conducted with AOO 4.0.1
When this issue has been resolved, it would help other users of the forum if you add the word - [Solved] - to the Subject line of your 1st post (edit button top right).
AOOo 4.1.5 & LO 6 on MS Windows 10 MySQL and HSQLDB
charlie.it
Volunteer

Post by charlie.it »

Arineckaig wrote:... The form then opened correctly and it was possible to reset the "Analyze SQL command" property to Yes and the form again displayed correctly.
Thanks for the answer but to me this does not happen.
The problem occurs with any file with integer ID and AutoValue=Yes. All right with AutoValue=No.
charlie
Italian AOO Admin