[Solved] Installing error with openoffice-core01

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
White Phoenix

[Solved] Installing error with openoffice-core01

Post by White Phoenix »

As soon as I recieved the message, I downloaded AOO 4.1 for Linux, but the link was for RPM not Deb. So I found the Deb and installation went smoothly except for one error.

First while unpacking etc.:
Unpacking replacement openoffice-core01 ...
Preparing to replace openoffice-core01 4.0.1-5 (using openoffice-core01_4.1.0-18_amd64.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement openoffice-core01 ...
dpkg: error processing openoffice-core01_4.1.0-18_amd64.deb (--install); trying to overwrite '/opt/openoffice4/program/libnss3.so' which is also in package openoffice-core07 4.0.1-5
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)

It went on without incident, skipping setting up core01 and ended with the report:
Errors were encountered while processing:
openoffice-core01_4.1.0-18_amd64.deb

I am currently sitting at the prompt with the terminal waiting for my next command. Now what do I do?
Last edited by White Phoenix on Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Windows 7 Professional. 4.1.11 on Linux Mint 18.3 with Cinnamon.
RoryOF

Re: Installing error with openoffice-core01

Post by RoryOF »

I think I ran into this when installing one of the Release Candidates and think (I'm not at all sure) I removed the earlier OpenOffice using something like

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get purge openoffice4 

and then reinstalled the new version.

I'm fairly sure that's what I did, but couldn't swear to it. I would have backed up my User Profile custom dictionaries before any deletion.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
White Phoenix

Post by White Phoenix »

The thing of it is that everything else had no problem. Just this one.

I have considered deleting the offending library (which is also in core07, which installed just fine) and then specifying the core01 file for installation.

Update: There is no "libnss3.so" to delete or overwrite.
Last edited by White Phoenix on Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Windows 7 Professional. 4.1.11 on Linux Mint 18.3 with Cinnamon.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

i honestly can't remember - I've installed various Betas and then Release Candidates on a number of computer, and only remember that I had some problem at some time. Purging the system may be quicker in the long run, so long as you keep a copy of any custom User Profile.
White Phoenix

Post by White Phoenix »

I hate this. I just had to do this a few months ago . . . and a few months before that. This is really annoying and frustrating.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

is it possible that you had the Quickstarter enabled?
White Phoenix

Post by White Phoenix »

I never have the quick starter enabled. I consider quick starters on any program useless and a nuisance.

Every time something screws up I have to delete the profile and re-install my extensions and customizations one at a time. Except this time.

This time I had to delete the entire folder in the opt folder. I saved my extensions and deleted the entire openoffice4 folder. Then did the install and replaced the extensions in the empty share/install folder. Since I didn't need to replace the profile this time, everything is working as it should. It wasn't as time consuming as I thought it would be.

I just hate having to spend time fixing programs/operating systems instead of using them to work on my projects.