Cloud

Talk about anything at all....
Insconsult

Cloud

Post by Insconsult »

I recently saw an article about a feature of OO which sounded like a "cloud" operation. Can any one tell me what/where to find that? Apparently I also need to find out how to update my own information from Windows XP to Win 7 64 bit and Win 8.1
Douglas Eaton
OpenOffice 3.2.1on Windows XP - Media Centre
RusselB

Re: Cloud

Post by RusselB »

If, by "my own information" you are referring to your signature, go to User Control Panel -> Profile -> Edit Signature.

As to "cloud" operation, if you are referring to online storage, it depends on the specific configuration for the online storage that you want to use.
I use a Dropbox account, which stores the data on my computer, but it also stores a copy online, which I can access from any computer that is online (presuming I've signed in to my account)
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
jesika473

Post by jesika473 »

Cloud store is the technique which provides us a online storage space which means we can store our file online and we can easy to access these files.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 7
Mr.Dandy

Post by Mr.Dandy »

To access "cloud" storage, you can use an extension:
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/sea ... order=DESC
OpenOffice 4.1.12 - Windows 10
Mark Nelson

Post by Mark Nelson »

When I try to download the Storage Made Easy Multicloud extension I get.
The "/3031/0/sme.openoffi..sme.openoffice-1.oxt"file could not be found or is not available. Please select another file
Just thought anyone considering a cloud extension should know.
Windows 10
OpenOffice.org 4.1.1 LibreOffice 5.01
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

If you are using Internet explorer as your browser, know that some if not all versions of IE silently rename .oxt files to type .zip. You should look for the cloud extension in your downloads and using Windows Explorer rename it to type .zip. It should then install by double clicking on it.

I've just checked and it is currently available for download.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
me2paul

Post by me2paul »

Is it possible to run OpenOffice within my website on the cloud? If so, how do I go about installing it?
OpenOffice 4.1.1
Windows 7
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

This sounds very familiar, and if I recall correctly, the response was a negative.
Using cloud/online storage for the data, and possibly even the user profile, can be done, but I believe that's all you can manage with OO
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
me2paul

Post by me2paul »

It appears that you can run OO on a network server for access by multiple users, so I don't understand why it couldn't be run on the cloud. Does anyone know of any work being done in this area?
OpenOffice 4.1.1
Windows 7
Mark Nelson

Post by Mark Nelson »

Well I was using Chrome ver 38 at the time I got the message. I do not claim to be perfect but use Chrome RoryOf and see if you get any error messages.
Windows 10
OpenOffice.org 4.1.1 LibreOffice 5.01
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I'm running Firefox on Xubuntu. Chrome is too intrusive for my liking.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
me2paul

Post by me2paul »

Looks like LibreOffice will work for my cloud application. Thanks for your answers.
OpenOffice 4.1.1
Windows 7