Problem with a .~lock.####.odt# file

Discuss the word processor
prodriguee

Problem with a .~lock.####.odt# file

Post by prodriguee »

Hi everyone!
I've been searching this forum but I can't find the right solution for my problem.
Some time ago, a writer file that I was editing suddenly closed. When I tried to open it again openoffice said that there was a
problem with the ANCII filter configuration.
I tried opening it with some of them but all that apeared was 20 pages of ##############################. When I opened
the folder that contained the file I also had a file named .~lock.my_file.odt#, a file that's only suppose to exits while the main
one is open.
I've tried delating the .~lock.my_file.odt# file (I restored it afterwards), I've tried many ANCII filters but now I'm desperate.

Thank you in advance.
OpenOffice 3.3, Windows 7
thomasjk
Volunteer

Re: Problem with a .~lock.####.odt# file

Post by thomasjk »

Delete the lock file and reset your user profile viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426. All ############### means the file is corrupt beyond repair.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

The current version of the document is probably unrecoverable. Another user has posted a possible way to recover a previous version of the document. See Re: Document accidentally overwritten by another
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Sadly, quite nothing to do I fear, see: 22 pages term paper replaced with pound signs.

Check the temporary folder of the system (see in OO Tools>Options>OO>Paths). If there are folders like sgmlf.tmp with a file having the same name inside, make a copy of that file, rename it in .odt and cross your fingers. If you have not rebooted, you might have those files still there.

If you want to help fix this problem, you can also do this survey created for this very problem: Document Recovery Survey.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10