[Solved] Where do I find email I sent

Let us know how we are doing -
solostincalc

[Solved] Where do I find email I sent

Post by solostincalc »

Please accept my apology if this is not the correct place to ask this question:

Before I found a place to subscribe to email, I sent a request asking if there were plans for some form of checkbook program (similar to "brand Q" less the requirement for Internet access). Am currently subscribed to users@openoffice.apache.org

I tried to set up a form of tracking / planning a monthly budget using Calc; however, found myself talking to the walls before producing a workable sheet. Connectivity to online banking is not necessary - don't trust Internet security.

Is there some place I can check to see if there was a response to that email?

The Elderly thank you for your time and patience
Last edited by solostincalc on Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Windows XP
FJCC

Re: Where do I find email I sent

Post by FJCC »

I see what looks like your question on the dev mailing list and there has not been a response. Here is the archive I found it on: Apache mail archive
 Edit: Fixed the url 
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

That archive should show as Apache mail archive
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
solostincalc

Post by solostincalc »

Oh, thank both of you so much . . . I am so pleased to have found Open Office.

Excel can be so difficult to get entries the way I want them. Open Office Calc all I have to do most of the time is right click and options are right there.

In the beginning, I had WordPerfect and Lotus as MS Word & Excel were so controlling (wanted to do it my way). In time, MS Word and Excel figured it out plus they became less labor intensive on my system. Further time passed, had a bad crash and found Open Office. My system is not over driven by excessive "behind the scenes" programming that makes them work.

There are two "features" I would like to see created but not sure they can be. One is a checkbook registry type program for tracking / projecting expenses and other one that will read the Windows Draw (formerly Magrafx) files. Cannot find my original disk.

Yes, I know this is not the time nor the place . . . just wanted to say it without starting another topic or getting involved with a long thread of negativity.

Again, thank you for your time and patience.
RusselB

Re: Solved - - Where do I find email I sent

Post by RusselB »

A checkbook registry would not be difficult to implement as a spreadsheet (if you just need it simple) or a database (for more complicated uses).
I have something similar that I use for my budget.
As to the Windows Draw files, you might be able to convert them to something that is OO compatible using Zamzar
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
solostincalc

Re: [Solved] Where do I find email I sent

Post by solostincalc »

Thank you, Russell. When I get better wording for the checkbook help I require, I will get in touch.

Right now, I have a spreadsheet; however, it does not provide "automation" - for lack of better term - to make my life easier.

Would it be okay to use the "PM" feature (as soon as I figure out what it is) or ?? to contact you rather than keep posting to this thread?

Until the next time
RusselB

Re: [Solved] Where do I find email I sent

Post by RusselB »

Do not PM me nor keep posting to this topic in regards to the checkbook help.
Rather, when it's time, start a new topic/post.