Which Forum?

Talk about anything at all....
Spiceskull

Which Forum?

Post by Spiceskull »

Hi,

I have been a member of OOoForum.org, but have found myself directed to this forum straight from the OOo homepage - are the two forums compatible, are they managed by the same team, and if so, is there a way to import my forum posts from there to here?

It just seems inefficient to be a member of two forums that appear to do exactly the same thing.

Thanks,
Adam.
Win XP Pro
OOo 2.0.2
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Which Forum?

Post by floris v »

It just seems inefficient to be a member of two forums that appear to do exactly the same thing.
That's right. 8-) But as this forum seems to offer more possibilities people will probably migrate and the other forum will slowly die. Migrating posts per user would be problematic, wouldn't it? Moving the entire database would make more sense. :geek:
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
RonIA
Volunteer

Post by RonIA »

This forum is the one to be using.

Among other things, note the (Unofficial) on the link to oooforum.org.

There was talk of importing the items from oooforum.org, but I don't recall the final decision.

Welcome.
Ron from Iowa, USA
Spiceskull

Post by Spiceskull »

Cool - great...I guess this is now the cOOolest place to hang out...
Win XP Pro
OOo 2.0.2
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

RonIA wrote:There was talk of importing the items from oooforum.org, but I don't recall the final decision.
There is no decision yet. Before the opening of OUCV forum (here), the idea of a database duplication had been raised but since the forum has gone live, no sign of life. Personal feeling is that it won't ever happen.

For information, reasons of this new forum have also bee discussed here : Why a new forum ?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
DeShock

Post by DeShock »

My guess is this is the place, since it is now the "official" forum it will get more traffic thus more posts and responses.
DeShock
Windows XP SP3, OOo 3.0.1, FF3.1b3, TB3.0b2
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

I hope so 8-)
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
foxcole
Volunteer

Post by foxcole »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:For a month or two, I will still visit the old forum, but if this forum works out, as I am sure it will, I will stop helping on the old forum in the New Year. I even noticed one user posting the same question on both forums. That is bound to happen for a while, but if the most active members stop visiting the old forum it will die a lot sooner.
I really am trying to break myself of the habit, but I just can't bear the thought of not finding and helping someone who doesn't know about this forum and really needs a solution to a problem. :roll:
I agree that if people quit responding on the old forum, it will die sooner, but how do you channel newbies over to this one? Hmmm. Maybe my responses over there should be "Try asking in (link) this forum."

I've seen two and possibly three users post questions in both places so far. I should go glean all my best stuff out of that forums before it does go away. Heheh---that should take about ten seconds.
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
DeShock

Post by DeShock »

I like how this forum is set up with the subject groupings. Also, it is "perty"
DeShock
Windows XP SP3, OOo 3.0.1, FF3.1b3, TB3.0b2
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP