Display Record or Not

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
JAGS

Display Record or Not

Post by JAGS »

I have added a check box to my form that says "Publish" - it is s simple either checked or not.

How do I only display records within my database that has this box checked? If the box is not checked I do not want the record to be included in my report.

Thank You,

JAGS
Open Office 4.0 on Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Display Record or Not

Post by Villeroy »

Click the "magic funnel" button on the navigation tool bar.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
JAGS

Post by JAGS »

I do not see any button with a funnel on it - where is this at or how do I get it?
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

On the navigation toolbar which is visible whenever you are editing a form. Focus any checked "Publish" check box and push that button.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
JAGS

Post by JAGS »

Ok you should know I am really new at all this - I opened my form to edit it but still do not see a funnel. I checked to see all my visible buttons but do not see it.

How do I focus this check box? What am I missing?

Thank You
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

While editing the form, you can define a filter in the form properties. That filter will be active when loading the form and it can be overridden by the user while using the form (until reloading).

If you never want to see the other records, define a query and point the form to that query (properties, tab "Data", source type "Query", source <name of query>) or store the query within the form (source type "SQL", hit the [...] button for the source).
Nocton
Volunteer

Post by Nocton »

Villeroy is talking about displaying on a form, whereas the OP was talking about displaying in a report. So no 'magic funnel'. However, by using a query for the datasource, whether form or report you will achieve the objective required. In the Query edit simply add the field associated with the check box - it is presumably a Boolean variable - and then in Criterion put TRUE or FALSE as required.

Regards,
Nocton
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Nocton wrote:Villeroy is talking about displaying on a form, whereas the OP was talking about displaying in a report.
Nocton
Good catch. Thank you.

Second solution: Use Calc as "reporting engine". Then you can sort and filter within the record.
[Tutorial] Using registered datasources in Calc