Report Not Showing Data

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
shock3

Report Not Showing Data

Post by shock3 »

I updated to OpenOffice 3.4.1 tonight and my old reports are working, but if I try to turn a query into a report with the report wizard, no data shows up.

I have no idea how to problem solve with Base, but I feel like I'm missing a connection to the database after the update.

Any help would be great, thanks.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 7
emiltanem

Re: Report Not Showing Data

Post by emiltanem »

I'm having the same/similar problem.

Dynamic report is not pulling data from the database at all.

Static report is pulling data, but will not update if I make additions to the tables I'm pulling data from. Ofc. perhaps that might be exactly how the static report is supposed to work..?

Is there a fix to this problem? I mean, if not, base just looks like a horrible UI-alternative to calc :O
OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Win7
alexmnewton

Post by alexmnewton »

I also have this problem in OO3.4.1 Base. I create a dynamic report from a query and the report is populated dummy data - OK so far; but when I save and re-open it, it should populate the report from the query. It doesn't. Rather it keeps the dummy data.

Can anybody suggest why?
OpenOffice 3.4.1
WindowsXP
shock3

Post by shock3 »

same problem, grrr

no one has any solutions?
shock3

Post by shock3 »

Static reports work buy dynamic reports do not.
Danum

Post by Danum »

Version 4 has same problem - Dynamic Report not being populated with table data from a perfectly good query. Static report OK. A fix would be nice. Any clues anyone?
OpenOffice 4 on Windows 7
kdhavle

Post by kdhavle »

I also had this problem and it was quite perplexing. However, there's an easy fix. Please download and install the extension for "Oracle Report Builder". Go to Tools --> Extension Manager --> Add New Extensions and search for this extension. Install this extension and make your life easy!!
Kamlesh. Open Office 4 on Windows 8 Touch.