CLI dlls for 3.0 BETA

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
danhutty

CLI dlls for 3.0 BETA

Post by danhutty »

Question relates to OpenOffice v3.0 BETA for windows (specifically XP).

A fairly noddy question here, but here goes.
I've been working on a project using OO automation. I was previously using OO v2.4, but was hoping to switch to the 3.0 Beta so as to have access to all the latest functionality.
Having removed 2.4 and installed the 3.0 Beta, I can't find the CLI dlls (cli_uno.dll, etc) anywhere on my system. Do these not automatically come with the install? Do I have to download them from elsewhere, and if so, where can I get them?
Hagar Delest

Re: CLI dlls for 3.0 BETA

Post by Hagar Delest »

Note that multi-posting should be avoided. Therefore I've deleted your first thread in the Beginner forum.

Personally, I would have posted in the MS Windows forum, let me know if the thread should be moved in that one.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
danhutty

Post by danhutty »

Whichever you think, I simply assumed that as my question related to the UNO dlls and this sub-forum had UNO in it's name, that was where it should be...
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Having removed 2.4 and installed the 3.0 Beta ...
Main versions 1, 2 and 3 work happily as independent applications side by side. Any Beta version can be installed additionally to a productive version. You don't have to tackle your precious data with an unstable office version.
I don't know much about version 3. They have changed some of the architecture, so it has two independent install directories now. So you may not find a particular library anymore. What exactly did you do with that library in version 2.4? As far as I know, it is not possible to link office libraries with external programs. All services are provided by a running office.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
danhutty

Post by danhutty »

As far as I know, it is not possible to link office libraries with external programs. All services are provided by a running office.
From http://udk.openoffice.org/common/man/tu ... ation.html:
The OpenOffice.org (OOo) supports Microsoft's Automation technology on different Windows platforms ( Windows 95,98, ME, 2000, NT4). It enables clients to control the office externally. Client programs can be contained within executables or scripts.
As I said in my original post, I already have a small test-bed program which does this with OpenOffice 2.4 (which I've now re-installed).

The project I'm working on relates to remote-controlling presentation slideshows over a network. I'd previously implemented this using MS Office Powerpoint; I then re-implemented it using Microsoft's free PowerPoint Viewer app (which supposedly doesn't require Office to be installed) to avoid licensing issues. However, this implementation was reduced in functionality since the PowerPoint Viewer exposes a less complete object model than that exposed by PowerPoint. I've also been having great problems getting my program to run without MSOffice.

So I've been attempting to re-implement my system using OpenOffice. However OpenOffice 3.4 exposes even LESS functionality - allowing one only to start or stop a presentation, and not step manually forward and backward between slides (which is a requirement for the project).

I'm hoping that (as had been hinted at in a few discussion threads I trawled up) this functionality might be extended in 3.0. I know the functionality's still *there* as I've seen information threads regarding the renaming of one of the dlls involved (from cli_types.dll to cli_oootypes.dll). However, I simply can't find these dlls, in either the "OpenOffice.org" or "OpenOffice.org 3" install directories.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

For a quick answer to a detailed question you should switch to a mailing list which is frequented mostly by developers. It's rather unlikely to get a qualified answer quickly on this user-to-user forum. This forum has no relation to OpenOffice.org other than the server it's running on.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice