Headers font is too small!! this is driving me nuts

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
xaries85x

Headers font is too small!! this is driving me nuts

Post by xaries85x »

Hello everyone,
i am so glad that such a forum exists !! ive been struggling with my openoffice writer for too long now that its driving me literally crazy .
for some reason, the font of the pop up window ( not sure if thats the right description ) is too small to be read !! even when i click on help, whatever is written there is microscopic and cant be read .
i am even having hard time reading the version of the writer that i have and it has failed !
im attaching a picture of how the word looks like !
please help me ..
Attachments
screen capt.jpg
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed icon (only used to mark a heated debate)
Openoffice 3.1 on Mac OS 10.8
FJCC

Re: headers font is too small!! this is driving me nuts

Post by FJCC »

ON a Windows system, the size of the font in the Help section is changed by pressing the CTRL key and moving the mouse wheel. I don't know what is equivalent on a Mac.
I'm not sure what you mean by "headers". Is it part of your document of part of the user interface?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
xaries85x

Post by xaries85x »

if you can take a look at the font drag bar, you cant even see the options because its too small !
its just the word program that is wrecked !
i dont have a mouse but i tried moving the touchpad and clicking on control ! nothing changed . :(
lgusaas
Volunteer

Post by lgusaas »

xaries85x wrote:if you can take a look at the font drag bar, you cant even see the options because its too small !
its just the word program that is wrecked !
i dont have a mouse but i tried moving the touchpad and clicking on control ! nothing changed . :(
Press and hold Command key. Use two fingers on trackpad to zoom in and out.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura
xaries85x

Post by xaries85x »

thank you igusaas but that only zoomes in and out of my actual text. the problem is not with what im typing . its in the heading section . the font of the icons in the header is too small .. if i go to the font size drag bar and click on it.. the options there are microscopic .
lgusaas
Volunteer

Post by lgusaas »

xaries85x wrote:thank you igusaas but that only zoomes in and out of my actual text. the problem is not with what im typing . its in the heading section . the font of the icons in the header is too small .. if i go to the font size drag bar and click on it.. the options there are microscopic .
What do you mean by the heading section?
Your screenshot showed the help window with small text which is what I gave a solution for, so you need to be more specific in describing your problem.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

I think he means the paragraph style name and the font name on the formatting tool bar.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
xaries85x

Post by xaries85x »

i dont know whats it called .. maybe FJCC is right, maybe its called the formatting tool bar
i am attaching some screen shots of the '' distorted '' parts of the document
Attachments
sn33.jpg
sn2.jpg
sn1.jpg
xaries85x

Post by xaries85x »

even when i first click on the writer icon. the very first page where you get to choose the type of document you need is tiny too

i hope i made it clear. i know im bad at explaining things :(
Attachments
sn44.jpg
lgusaas
Volunteer

Post by lgusaas »

Scthe type of document you need is tiny too i hope i made it clear. i know im bad at explaining things :([/quote] On the menu bar (at the top of the screen) click on "OpenOffice" In the drop down menu that opens click on "Preferences" In the window that opens, under "OpenOffice" click on "View" Under "User Interface" adjust "Scaling" I've attached a screenshot since the text in that window may be too small to read until you adjust it. [attachment=0]Screen Shot 2014-01-06 at 10.37.44 PM.png
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-01-06 at 10.37.44 PM.png
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
MrProgrammer

Re: Headers font is too small!! this is driving me nuts

Post by MrProgrammer »

To make the font in the Help text larger:
  • File > New > HTML Document
  • View > Zoom > Zoom Factor > Variable > {make it bigger} > OK
  • File > Close
If that does not help, see if the problem remains when you use the program from a different account on your Mac. You should have a guest account ( > System Preferences > Accounts > Guest Account > Allow guests to log in) even if you didn't create any others than the account you're using. If the problem disappears with the guest account it suggests that your OOo user profile is the problem (in which case see The OOo user profile).

If this answered your question please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).