[Solved] Save as picture

Discuss the drawing application
TinkRbelle

[Solved] Save as picture

Post by TinkRbelle »

Hi all :)

I am new to your board and am in hope someone here will be able to answer my question.

I am a long time user of MS PowerPoint, but, have been using the Open Office v4.0 for a while, mostly for documents on the Writer program. I am trying to learn more about using the Open Office, as many of my students are now choosing to use it and I need to get up to speed myself so that I can help them with their training.

While there are a good many things I have figured out on my own, there is one thing that I can't seem to find a solution for, and that is how to save a group in the Drawing or Presentations apps as a picture. There is no Save As to use to do that kind of save, nor can I find anything in the Help files to answer my question on how to save a grouped object as a picture.

Perhaps it is a matter of terminology that I am missing somewhere, as to what Open Office uses to describe that kind of function. I can save it as a Template, but, then, it will not save as a jpeg or png or such.

Does Open Office have such a capability to save in any of those formats? Or if so, how do I do that?

Any suggestions or instructions would truly be appreciated. I create a lot of custom graphics in my work, and would like to learn how to do that in Open Office if possible.

Thank you.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
Tink - OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 7 and Vista
acknak

Re: Save as picture

Post by acknak »

Greetings and welcome to the community forum!

Select the group or objects you want to export

File > Export

Make sure you tick the "selection" option, otherwise you get an image of the entire page.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
TinkRbelle

Post by TinkRbelle »

Hello acknak :)

Thank you so much for your time and assistance. I tried your instructions and it does save it for me in the format I selected.

I create a lot of my own custom graphics for my work, and I need to be able to save them as a picture or in a png, jpeg or such format in order to use them in creating my other artwork.

Thank you again for your help, it is truly very much appreciated. :)
acknak

Post by acknak »

If you are indeed still using OO 4.0, you may want to upgrade to the latest release: 4.0.1. There were a number of bugs fixed, including some in the image export.

Of course, if the image export is working well for you already, then there's no rush to upgrade either.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
TinkRbelle

Post by TinkRbelle »

Thanks for the reminder! I have just now upgraded to the 4.1 on all my machines. So now I have the latest version. :super: :)