[Solved] Importing data from excel

Discuss the presentation application
researchgene

[Solved] Importing data from excel

Post by researchgene »

Hi all

I'm making some charts, line graphs, similar to the line graphs on my economic growth trends report here
http://gsociology.icaap.org/basicguide.html

I have data in excel, and I want to somehow get it into an impress data table. I can't seem to paste data into the table. I copy a bunch of cells in excel and in impress I seem to be forced to chose one cell, so when I paste, everything gets pasted into that one cell. I also tried clicking on the corner of the data table, not in a cell, but then paste does nothing.

Am I doing something wrong, or does impress just not allow folks to paste data into a data table?

I'm using open office 2.4 on windows vista.

thanks

Gene Shackman
Albany NY
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: importing data from excel

Post by Villeroy »

Create a chart on a spreadsheet and copy/move it over to the presentation.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
researchgene

Re: importing data from excel

Post by researchgene »

Thanks. I had asked this before and forgot. You cannot import or bring in data from excel. As Villeroy indicated, create a chart in the OO spreadsheet and copy/paste it into impress. You also cannot create a chart in excel and copy/paste it into impress. Well you can but it looks terrible. Thanks.

Gene