2.4.1 - whoops!

Let us know how we are doing -
igoddard

2.4.1 - whoops!

Post by igoddard »

I've just been notified that 2.4.1 update is available. If I go to download it doesn't actually execute download.php on the server - it downloads it to my desktop instead! And the version being offered for download on the website is still 2.4.0.

Ian
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Re: 2.4.1 - whoops!

Post by DrewJensen »

The 2.4.1 Release Candidate (RC) 1 is what was released the other day, not the final or stable 2.4.1 package.

As it happens a RC 2 is required and this will be available for download this time tomorrow. ( currently the RC1 files are being removed from the download server, but not the linked page from the website yet, so there may be this "awkward" period of time where the web site will lead you to a non-existent file..hopefully that won't be for long )
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
igoddard

Post by igoddard »

DrewJensen wrote:The 2.4.1 Release Candidate (RC) 1 is what was released the other day, not the final or stable 2.4.1 package.

As it happens a RC 2 is required and this will be available for download this time tomorrow. ( currently the RC1 files are being removed from the download server, but not the linked page from the website yet, so there may be this "awkward" period of time where the web site will lead you to a non-existent file..hopefully that won't be for long )
If its only a release candidate should the "update available" popup be seen? Because that's what I'm seeing (2.4.0 on Ubuntu).

Ian
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

Is that the OO.o supplied by Canonical or from OpenOffice.org ?

Actually maybe I'll just boot into Hardy where I have the Canonical build and see what happens. I only have the 2.4.1 RC1 under Windows and 2.4 from Go-oo under windows so no update notifications here.
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04