[Solved] No check boxes in Autocorrect>options ?

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
deviousegg

[Solved] No check boxes in Autocorrect>options ?

Post by deviousegg »

Hi. When I choose Tools>Autocorrect>Options, there are no check boxes for me edit the options. Included is a screenshot. How do I capitalise the first letter of every sentence without it? My OS is Ubuntu 7.10 and OOo is 2.3

Last edited by deviousegg on Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
foxcole
Volunteer

Re: No check boxes in Autocorrect>options ?

Post by foxcole »

(Please note, the forum rules request that you always include your OS and OOo version.)

That's very strange.

Exactly what version of OOo are you using? I see no tool icons in the toolbar... is that because you've customized the toolbars or is that how it always looks? The "Edit file" option is greyed out too.

You might try repairing your installation by running the installer again, but I'm not sure whether that would help if this is not a standard installation.
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
deviousegg

Post by deviousegg »

It's always been that way... I don't use writer much so i didnt customise it in any way... I wanted to caps the first letter of each sentence but found that i couldnt because there's no checkboxes..
JohnV
Volunteer

Post by JohnV »

I suspect that Edit File and Save are grayed out because its a new file (Untitled1) and has no text in it yet. Type any text and Save will become active. Save and reopen and Edit File will be active.

But the check boxes should be there. I would run Setup again ans select the Repair option.
foxcole
Volunteer

Post by foxcole »

deviousegg wrote:It's always been that way... I don't use writer much so i didnt customise it in any way... I wanted to caps the first letter of each sentence but found that i couldnt because there's no checkboxes..
You still haven't said what version of OOo you're using and on what OS version, and I did ask a couple of times about the OOo version... mainly because I'm very curious about why your toolbars look like that and I'm wondering if that might have something to do with your problem. I can't tell, because not knowing what version you have, I don't know if it should look different for some reason; for example, if you're using a non-standard distro. That's why I asked (I mean, besides the forum rules)... those two bits of detail are just always useful in ways you might not initially imagine.

If reinstalling, as JohnV and I have both suggested, doesn't help then please do provide these details.
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
deviousegg

Post by deviousegg »

deviousegg wrote:Hi. When I choose Tools>Autocorrect>Options, there are no check boxes for me edit the options. Included is a screenshot. How do I capitalise the first letter of every sentence without it? My OS is Ubuntu 7.10 and OOo is 2.3
I think i already did mention these details fox... thanks...
deviousegg

Post by deviousegg »

And no, reinstalling didn't solve the issue...
deviousegg

Post by deviousegg »

I fixed the problem. I was using OOo 2.3.0... I uninstalled it and installed 2.3.1 from the tarballs on the site... Thanks for all your help guys...
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Again the Ubuntu version !!!
For information, the lack of icons in toolbars is due to the fact that Ubuntu team has separated the icons sets in several packages which are not installed by default (only the Tango set is). You have to install the packages openoffice.org2-style-...
But better keep the official version.

NB: moved the thread to the Linux forum.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10