Simultaneous OpenOffice programs (Windows 8)

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
johaa

Simultaneous OpenOffice programs (Windows 8)

Post by johaa »

I want to be able to have two or more types of documents open simultaneously, such as a text doc and a spreadsheet. I can open two spreadsheets and have them both on my screen. However, if I want a spreadsheet and a text doc, I seem to have to close one in order to open another. I have not been able to create separate desktop icons for the several OpenOffice programs, which might be one way to open different programs.
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Windows 8.1
RoryOF

Re: simultaneous OpenOffice programs

Post by RoryOF »

/File /Open will open the second file on top of the first. Reduce both from full screen and position the two windows beside each other
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Re: simultaneous OpenOffice programs

Post by Bill »

In Windows 8, you can move a selected window by simultaneously pressing the Windows Key and the left or right arrow key. Multiple presses of the arrow key will toggle between left, right and normal window positions.
johaa wrote:I have not been able to create separate desktop icons for the several OpenOffice programs, which might be one way to open different programs.
Open the Apps screen and right-click the OpenOffice icon. At the bottom of the screen, click "Open file location". That will open the folder containing the OpenOffice shortcuts. To create a copy of a shortcut on the Desktop, right-click the shortcut and select Send To > Desktop.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
keme
Volunteer

Re: Simultaneous OpenOffice programs (Windows 8)

Post by keme »

For a new file, you can also do it from the toolbar: Click the small "dropdown" arrowhead beside the "new document" icon to select a different type for the new file.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
HerbGirl

Re: Simultaneous OpenOffice programs (Windows 8)

Post by HerbGirl »

keme wrote: by keme
Perfect! Thank you. :super:
OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 10