QuickSMA extension [Was CustomSMA]

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
tom9940

QuickSMA extension [Was CustomSMA]

Post by tom9940 »

I downloaded & installed this extension to my OO version 4.0.1 today, 10/26/13. Now I need to know how to use it! When I click the "How to use" button on the website, I am ignored. The help screen on the spreadsheet also offers nothing. I do have a new item, CustomSMA, in my menu toolbar at the top of the screen, but it also offers no help. :?: :crazy:
Last edited by RoryOF on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected subject typo to help searching.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: CustomSMA extension

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
acknak

Post by acknak »

tom9940 wrote:I downloaded & installed this extension to my OO version 4.0.1 today ...
Can you tell us where you downloaded it from?

By a Google search, I can't find anything that's connected with OpenOffice in any way.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
tom9940

Post by tom9940 »

http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/sea ... ing_system. Sorry about that; I had the wrong name--the correct name is QuickSMA, not CustomSMA.
OOo 4.1.1 on MS Windows 10 (as of 9/19/15)
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

What is it what you don't understand? You enter some reasonable parameters into the dialog and get a result in some other dialog.
What I don't understand is how that tool is related to OpenOffice. It does even run without any office document being loaded.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
tom9940

Re: QuickSMA extension [Was CustomSMA]

Post by tom9940 »

The listing I was looking at is:

QuickSMA
QuickSMA 1.0 is an extension for Open Office Clac which is used to analyze stock market data.

This is an initial version which includes some important features like,
1. Seven important Technical Analysis Indicators like MACD,RSI,Aroon Oscillator, Stochastic,OBV ,ADX and Simple moving average
2. Generates...

So I downloaded it to see what it does. All it seems to do is add an item to my menu bar, but I can't find any instructions on how to use that item. I like what GETQUOTE does, but it works on stocks using finance.yahoo.com; I'm looking for something similar that works on options to give me option prices (they are not the same as stock prices). Perhaps GETQUOTE could be expanded to do that, but QUICKSMA apparently doesn't do what I'm looking for.
OOo 4.1.1 on MS Windows 10 (as of 9/19/15)
LP-

Re: QuickSMA extension [Was CustomSMA]

Post by LP- »

I only get "option pricing" in the drop down Quicksma menu bar. Can't find any functions or any other menu. For example how do you call the RSI function ?
OpenOffice 4.0.1 Win 7 64 / OpenOffice 4.1.1 Ubuntu 14.04