[Solved] Mac OSX Maverick - Compatibility with OpenOffice?

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
BernahrdGF

[Solved] Mac OSX Maverick - Compatibility with OpenOffice?

Post by BernahrdGF »

Dear Users,

yesterday Apple announced their new OS Maverick. Do anyone of you can share first expierences with this new OS? For I work on my degree dissertation with Open Office, I am anxious that with downloading the upgrade, the work might be gone.

Please let me know, if you have any information about this issue.

Thanks in advance

Bernhard
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Open Office 4.0.1, iMac OSX 10.6.8, 2.66 Ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo, Speicher: 4 GB 1067 MHz, DDR3
RoryOF

Re: Mac OSX Maverick - Compatibility with Open Office?

Post by RoryOF »

Initial responses on the AOO developer list was that all seemed to be well - v4.0.1 was working OK.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
BernahrdGF

Re: Mac OSX Maverick - Compatibility with Open Office?

Post by BernahrdGF »

Thanks for your response.

Sincerly

Bernhard
Open Office 4.0.1, iMac OSX 10.6.8, 2.66 Ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo, Speicher: 4 GB 1067 MHz, DDR3
GBA

Re: [Solved] Mac OSX Maverick - Compatibility with OpenOffic

Post by GBA »

I installed Maverick 2 days ago. Get some problems with openoffice. impossible to quit the application , get a error message at the opening. need to use the "force to quit" buttom. need help ... or wait for a new version of oppenoffice more compatible with maverick
Openoffice 4.0 on Mac os Maverick
Oblivio

Post by Oblivio »

I'm not sure what the etiquette is here for starting new threads but I thought I'd try here first.

I just downloaded OO v.4.0.1 and tried to install it on OS X Mavericks. When I try to open it up I get a message reading '"OpenOffice" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.'

Can somebody please advise me what I should do here or how I can get back to V.3?
OpenOffice 4.0.1 (hopefully) on Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9)
Oblivio

Post by Oblivio »

Nevermind, I turned off Gatekeeper in my Security preferences and everything is working!
OpenOffice 4.0.1 (hopefully) on Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9)
ewingguy

Post by ewingguy »

I've downloaded Mavericks, and have having trouble opening docx files in Open Office. Doc files open fine. When I open File Information and choose Open With, Mavericks doesn't list Open Office as a way to open a docx file. It does list Open Office as a way to open a doc file. If I choose Open Office as an "Other" application to open a docx file, the file won't open. I've downloaded Open Office again, but still no luck.

No other problems so far using Open Office with Mavericks.
Open Office 4, Mac Mavericks
ewingguy

Post by ewingguy »

I've resolved the docx issue, can now open docx in Open Office using Mavericks. It wasn't an Open Office issue, the docx files I was trying to open had been converted, unbeknownst to me, to Pages files in a previous viewing. Sorry for the confusion.
Open Office 4, Mac Mavericks
lgusaas
Volunteer

Post by lgusaas »

ewingguy wrote:I've resolved the docx issue, can now open docx in Open Office using Mavericks. It wasn't an Open Office issue, the docx files I was trying to open had been converted, unbeknownst to me, to Pages files in a previous viewing. Sorry for the confusion.
Why did you think it was a docx file if it was actually a Pages file? Don't you have show all filename extensions enabled in Finder?
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura
ljmeis

Post by ljmeis »

I installed mavericks a few days ago and ran ooh4.1 without difficulty. Today oo crashed with message like "malfunctioned last time used.?reopen. This caused freeze. The only way to close. was force quit. Erased old program and downloaded new copy of ooh.1. Installed and opened but still froze. My machine or incompatibility?
Len
Open Office 3.1.1 on MAC OS 10.6.2
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
1.ray

Post by 1.ray »

Hi there,

I have installed cloud print on two macs.(That is an app that sends the print job to google´s cloud print via the mac´s system printing dialog.)
First one is a white MacBook with Mac OS Lion, second one is MacBook Pro with Mavericks. On both systems Ooo 4.0.1 is installed.
When I open an Open Office Document (.odt) and press cmd and P on the MacBook with Lion I get the Mac´s system dialog for printing, all right.
On the Mavericks system however, I get the Open Office printing dialog. So I have to make an pdf of the document, open it and then when I press cmd and P I get the system´s printing dialog I need. So it seems that my Open Office settings must be changed. But how? (The option for printing to use open office dialogs is not selected.)

Anybody has an idea?
Open Office 4.0.1 on Mac OS 10.9.1