Calc 4.0.1 Insert row crashes ODS Calc 3 files Not XLT files

Discuss the spreadsheet application
2Sun

Calc 4.0.1 Insert row crashes ODS Calc 3 files Not XLT files

Post by 2Sun »

Major Bug - Crash an 4.0 ODS file if insert into an existing region of a Calc 3 file, not into new section, and not if edit as an XLS file.

Inserting a row into an existing area crashes a Calc ODS file if it was created in < 4.0
If save as XLS it does not crash and I can edit either in Calc or Excel.
If I insert a new sheet in Calc 4, I can insert a row in that in an ODS file.
Then going back to the existing sheets in an ODS file, insert will crash Calc 4
Reinstalled Calc 3.4.1 can open, insert & delete rows in existing regions w/o crash.
However, cannot remove detective traces in 3.4.1 left over from version saved from 4.0.1, nor remove in Excel.
OpenOffice 4.0.1 on Windows Vista
Etaner

Re: Calc 4.0.1 Insert row crashes ODS Calc 3 files Not XLT f

Post by Etaner »

Calc 4.0.1 Insert row crashes ODS Calc. This bug has been reported: bug 123166, 123493
My spreadsheet consist of 17 Sheets and has a mixed Page Format for Orientation of Portrait and Landscape for each sheet. Paper format for all sheets is the same: Letter, Width 8.5", Height 11.00".

When inserting a row, crashes occur only on sheets with the Orientation Portrait and if there is a Manual Break. My manual break is always less than 99 rows. When I Delete All Manual Breaks I am able to insert a row without a crash.

Sheets with the Orientation Portrait and Automatic Page Break do not crash when inserting rows. The page ends at 99 rows.

I was always able to insert rows in sheets with the Orientation Portrait and Manual Breaks in previous versions. For now, I am happy to be able to make it work by deleting all manual breaks, inserting rows and putting the manual break back. :idea:
OpenOffice 4.0.1
Windows 8.1, 64-bit