Adding multiple pages to template

Using them, Making them, Finding them
jcolliau

Adding multiple pages to template

Post by jcolliau »

I finally created a great cocktail recipe template using a download for a 4-per-sheet file card blank document. Each of the four fields is identical so I just have to fill in the appropriate info. Yet after I fill up the first page, there are no additional pages. My cursor disappears below the field line on the first page. Inserting a page break does nothing. I have hundreds of recipes so I'm not interested in having a separate document for every four. Any suggestions?

Thank you for this forum!
OpenOffice 4.0 on Windows 8
Hagar Delest

Re: Adding multiple pages to template

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I guess that the structure of the document is in fact a table. In this case, you've to select all (Ctrl+A twice) and paste it to make a new page.
If it doesn't work, can you upload the template (see How to attach a document here)?

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
acknak

Post by acknak »

jcolliau wrote:I finally created a great cocktail recipe template using a download for a 4-per-sheet file card blank document. ...
You're going to cut the pages apart to make a quarter-page-size book, no?

If so, I've found it simpler and easier if I set up the template with the actual page size--quarter page in your case--and then combine the pages (if necessary) after the fact.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I think acknak is right. Best way is to work to a new page size of the quarter page, then to tell OO's printing to print four pages on the final paper size. I frequently do this, working on an A6 page, and printing 4 x A6 on an A4.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS