Solved topic button

Let us know how we are doing -
jza

Solved topic button

Post by jza »

This is a mod for the phpbb sites that allow to easily solved a thread. This will improve the UX for users since instead of having to edit the original topic to add a [Solved] tag. The creator of the topic has a button to select the replied answer. Something similar to Stackoverflow sites. :bravo:

I suggest the admins to try it out and implement it.

Update: Here is the link.
Last edited by jza on Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AOO 4.1.1 on Arch Linux
Hagar Delest

Re: Solved topic button

Post by Hagar Delest »

Where is it exactly?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

Nice one. +1 to it.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
RGB

Post by RGB »

If you want to see something like this in action, browse the KDE forums. A really nice system, indeed.
There are two types of people: those who believe that there are two types of people and those who do not.

openSUSE Leap with KDE Plasma / LibreOffice
jza

Solved button for phpbb3

Post by jza »

I raised this issue feedback, I couldn't tell why it wasn't implemented since I remember people giving the :super:

But would it be good to have some quick way to mark the thread as solved.

I notice the KDE forum has this enabled and makes it easy to make the mark down.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/topic_solved/
AOO 4.1.1 on Arch Linux
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

I've merged your topic in the previous one!

This is a longstanding request indeed. First raised at the very beginning of the forum: phpBB alternative for "solved" threads?

But since we have problems for a mere icon change (I mean the download icon that was agreed by everyone) due to lack of admin, I don't expect a quick fix for the solved tag...
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
acknak

Post by acknak »

We also still need the admin/troubleshooting email address, which I would say is a higher priority. If someone has trouble registering, they have no way to contact us, and it may be a problem on our end. I've had people contact me through the old forum when this forum's outgoing email wasn't working.

Hmm, an idea, would it be worth setting up a free email account somewhere? We could share it among the admins somehow. It wouldn't be mirrored on the forum like Terry had set up, but at least we'd have some alternate channel for people to contact us.

Oops, sorry! Didn't mean to hijack jza's topic here! I'm just thinking out loud.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23