Cannot save on thumbdrive

Discuss the presentation application
Alord

Cannot save on thumbdrive

Post by Alord »

yea i'm trying to Save my Document to my thumbdrive and it keeps saying "Error Saving the Document (document name) The File could not be written" please tell me what i can do to fix it
squenson
Volunteer

Re: Help

Post by squenson »

Can you save other documents on your thumb drive? Is it full? Can you save to your normal hard-disk and then copy the file? Is your thumbdrive in read-only mode?
LibreOffice 4.2.3.3. on Ubuntu 14.04
Alord

Post by Alord »

squenson wrote:Can you save other documents on your thumb drive? Is it full? Can you save to your normal hard-disk and then copy the file? Is your thumbdrive in read-only mode?

No i cant save it to anything and not my thumbdrive isnt full its bradnew right out of the package... and yes i can save other thing to my thumbdrive i can save everything just not this...
squenson
Volunteer

Post by squenson »

If you create a new Impress document, add a short text on the first slide and save "somewhere", does it work?
Alord

Post by Alord »

squenson wrote:If you create a new Impress document, add a short text on the first slide and save "somewhere", does it work?

yes when i do that it does save but my original document will not save....
squenson
Volunteer

Post by squenson »

I guess your initial document is somewhat corrupted. Create a blank document, copy/paste all your slides in it and try to save the new document.
Hagar Delest

Re: Cannot save on thumbdrive

Post by Hagar Delest »

First, never save directly a file to an external drive, it's far less reliable than saving on HD. Furthermore, if copying from HD to thumbdrive fails, you can still do it again, your original file won't be corrupted.

Second, please read the Survival Guide for the forum and give your thread a real title (I've changed yours). We do know you need help if you post here.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10