Edited post message

Let us know how we are doing -
floris v
Volunteer

Edited post message

Post by floris v »

When I edit a post in a forum the edited post normally contains a line at the bottom telling "This message has been edited by floris v on xx/xx xxxx". It would be cool to have something like that here as well.
Last edited by acknak on Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: You mean something like this?
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
JohnV
Volunteer

Re: Edited post message

Post by JohnV »

I don't know about the new version of the forum software implemented here but my experience at oooforum.org indicates that the message only appears if that edit is in a new session with the forum.

Makes sense to me - you post a post/response, note an error and edit it immediately then it looks like what you meant to post.
huw
Volunteer

Post by huw »

The edit message only appears if there is already a post below yours - I think it would be better if it appeared regardless. I think behaviour is the same for both forums.

* Edit: test edit - adding this text between the two asterisks. Any other edit comment is added by the phpBB software *
Last edited by huw on Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

No, you've to add manually a comment, see the bottom line :
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
huw
Volunteer

Post by huw »

I will edit this immediately after posting, to show how phpBB handles edits when the post is the last one in a thread, i.e. have not been replied to.

* Edit: test edit again - adding this text between the two asterisks. Any other edit comment is added by the phpBB software *
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

That's the observed behavior. Now what if there's say half an hour between posting and editing?
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
huw
Volunteer

Post by huw »

floris v wrote:That's the observed behavior. Now what if there's say half an hour between posting and editing?
Same, at least on the other board, and I'm sure it will be here too. I once edited a last post of mine several days later, and phpBB still didn't add the "Last edited" note. I think it is only there to protect people who reply from context changes. It is not there to protect the sanity of people who are sure they've seen something but can no longer find it!

If you want to post again below this to test and find out, just say "Please no replies till xxxx UTC".