can i import pdf into impress?

Discuss the presentation application
seseberg

can i import pdf into impress?

Post by seseberg »

like i have a 15 page pdf that i created with writer and then exported as pdf, now I wanna make a presentation out of my pdf, like if the pdf has 15 pages, I want to have 15 slides.... nothing to complicated, just one question, how do i do that?
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: can i import pdf into impress?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

See the GullFoss Project

Please delete your duplicate post.
Idiot Compassion
LibreOffice 6.0.4 on Windows 10
seseberg

Post by seseberg »

by the way, why do i have to keep on selecting notify me when a reply is posted? i hate doing it cause i sometimes forget, and don't know how to do it aftwerwards....
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

seseberg wrote:by the way, why do i have to keep on selecting notify me when a reply is posted? i hate doing it cause i sometimes forget, and don't know how to do it aftwerwards....
Go to the User Control Panel, Board Preferences, Edit Posting Defaults.
Idiot Compassion
LibreOffice 6.0.4 on Windows 10
chromium

Post by chromium »

Impress cannot import pdf directly. Quality wise, I could suggest you to just use the PDF file: many pdf viewers support full screen mode.

Alternatively, pdfs can be converted to png and/or jpg bitmap graphics. these can be imported in Impress. The gimp has a quite amazing and flexible import facility for PDF and is an easy option to convert a PDF to bitmap graphics. You can also convert with the command line using gs (ghostscript).

I do not know of a good way to convert PDF to vector graphics for importing in Impress.
AndrewZ
Volunteer

Post by AndrewZ »

seseberg wrote:like i have a 15 page pdf that i created with writer and then exported as pdf, now I wanna make a presentation out of my pdf, like if the pdf has 15 pages, I want to have 15 slides.... nothing to complicated, just one question, how do i do that?
There is a new, experimental PDF import extension. It creates a Draw document, which you can copy and paste into Impress. In the OpenOffice.org programming code, Draw and Impress are like brothers, so it should work well.
* Did you solve your problem? Do others a favor: Post the solution
* Visit OpenOffice.org Ninja (blog) and OpenOffice.org Ninja Wiki for news, previews, troubleshooting, etc.
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 9 + XP