How to disable Drag and drop and Cut paste on a sheet

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
Sulochana

How to disable Drag and drop and Cut paste on a sheet

Post by Sulochana »

Hi there,

I have a work sheet that is used by others to enter data. There are many formulas related to the entered data. Users who enter data do not know much about formula's and the formula area of the sheet is protected.

Even though the area is protected, if the users drag and drop data or cut and paste data, the formulas are affected. (The cell reference changes)

I want to stop this because formulas will give error results if the above mentioned happens.

Is there a way to disable cut & paste ,Drag and drop? Or is there a way to keep the cell references without changing even if the above is done?

Really appreciate your support.

Sulochana
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 7
MrProgrammer

Re: How to disable Drag and drop and Cut paste on a sheet

Post by MrProgrammer »

Sulochana wrote:Or is there a way to keep the cell references without changing even if the above is done
You could use INDIRECT, for example, =A2+A3 becomes =INDIRECT("A2")+INDIRECT("A3"). You can probably use Edit > Find & Replace to help with changing the formulas.

If this answered your question please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).